High Performance WM8741 Upsampling DAC New Version build thread (show 'n tell too)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got the code working and can receive IR characters with both the Sony and Rosewill (RC6) remote controls. If I can find a couple of the other remote controls that are supposed to be supported, I'll test them as well. Since it works with SONY and RC6, I feel the rest of the remotes will work as well.

Once I figure out how to strip the toggle bit from the RC6, get it decoding properly, and clean up all the patches I'll post the code.

Although it might be best to wait until I get the proper 20X4 display and revert to that code instead of the current 16X4 display code.

I have to go cut the lawn before it rains right now.

Volume up, Volume down, Mute ( was Dim) work, but once a button is pushed the system acts as if the button is held down and never let up.

Pressing another unused key stops it.

code attached has one untested change in it to disable and re-enable the interrupt.

Attachments

• 16X4LCD_W_IRRemote.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Code is now functioning with a Sony TV Remote (no part number I could find) and the Rosewill RHRC-11001 (RH-6) remote controls.

It probably needs some clean up to remove test code, but it does seem to work for all three keys. I used the up and down keys along with the Mute key (I changed the code to reflect the US convention of Mute to silence or lower the volume. Most devices I've seen do this by 20dB so one can tell the sound is still on but it is low enough not to interfere with a telephone conversation, etc.

I changed the mute level to correspond to this as well.

I'll post the code again when I finish cleaning it up.

Code now works with the following changes:

- Changed display to 16 X 4
- Removed Apple remote code
- added Sherriff's code for multiple remotes
- added decode for RC6
- added decode for SONY (not sure which one as there are many)
- added placeholder for Apple
- Reorganized code to put all IR Remote operations under one case statement
- Duplicated Button code for filter switch and added to case statement for remote filter operaton
- changed dim to mute and add mute value to volume value during mute (ie. mute by 30dB) so it mutes by a specified amount instead of an absolute amount.
- added Beta to code revision. now B 00.01.06

I'd still like to allow SW clip limit, and may get to it later.

I've attached Sherriff's IR code as well as my code.

Attachments

• IR-Remote.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 59
  • WM8741_DAC_B01_01_06.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 96
Does anyone have the SPDIF input working?

I've tried both my soundcard output and the output from a CDRom drive that I transformer coupled with resistors in an impedance matching network and neither work with this card.

I tried both sources with another DAC board I have (CM102S/CS8416/CS4398) and both worked with it so I don't think it is my source that is the issue.

I took the WM8804 receiver off ribbon cables, attached sockets on the bottom and plugged it directly on the pins on the DAC board. SPDIF still refuses to work.

Attachments

• WM8741W-WM8804.JPG
    WM8741W-WM8804.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
hi,
A picture of my board,I am getting ready to modify it to use the mute,digi volume control and the digital filters,All accessed with the adrino of course,
What pins on wm8741 are SDA and SCL,They don't seemed to be labeled that way ,I will keep looking.....
Thanks,
NS

Attachments

• 101_1777.JPG
    101_1777.JPG
    694.7 KB · Views: 251
hi Turbon,:D
I have temporarily put this project on hold ,If you do get it to work I would like a sketch of the Adriano program , Mine is from twisted pair and seems to compile ok and loads but not control the wm8741,I may still have some problems ,but have gotten side tracked with a set of xoc th 18 speakers and a set of DM-2 from speakerplans ,I am almost done so I will have some time to get back into the wm8741 and arduino .I have enclosed the rough draft of the level board I found in my files ,I have those original boards also,I hand made a circuit on some pref board,
So good luck!Maybe this thing will work ,after all,lol.
NS:)

Attachments

• img001.jpg
    img001.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 158
hi Turbon,:D
I have temporarily put this project on hold ,If you do get it to work I would like a sketch of the Adriano program , Mine is from twisted pair and seems to compile ok and loads but not control the wm8741,I may still have some problems ,but have gotten side tracked with a set of xoc th 18 speakers and a set of DM-2 from speakerplans ,I am almost done so I will have some time to get back into the wm8741 and arduino .I have enclosed the rough draft of the level board I found in my files ,I have those original boards also,I hand made a circuit on some pref board,
So good luck!Maybe this thing will work ,after all,lol.
NS:)

Yes, I recall there was a problem in wiring the card between the dac and arduino...

Just shout if you want me to dig it out... ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.