DIY CD drive based on a computer CDROM

April issue of Elektor magazine seems to publish a very similar project to the one illustrated in post #410 & #411.

However, I couldn't get my hand on one example of the magazine yet so I'm not sure if it supports remote control and/or LCD display.

Any one here has more info ?

Elektor (Elektuur) CDROM audio drive

Hello Elkaid,

The player described in Elektor does not include an LCD display. The player is intended to repeatedly play the same track. These tracks have direct access via 8 buttons. So button 1 plays track 1, button 2 plays track 2 and so on, and so on. They do provide the software source on their website and some information regarding IDE programming. That might be usefull.

Cheers,
Michael

elector is difficult to find-- too bad
seem like that and the mucop are the open source choices
or perhaps some of the atmel or 8051 versions in early posts

<little rant:> there is only one electronics mag left in north america but try to find N&V on the shelves despite its stupid price
almost double circuitcellar for example
and check out the canadian subscription prices
<end rant>:hot:

Start to decorate transporter

After finished my control board, I plan to make top loader transporter from this simple one.

So simple to start to use my control board.

Attachments

• simple.jpg
    simple.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,278
Open your cdrom.

You need to decide by yourself to open cdrom case because most of them in Thailand warranty void if open case and most of all ...
DANGER..
Visible and invisible Laser Radiation when open .
Avoid direct explosure to beam.

Attachments

• openit.jpg
    openit.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 2,186
Just reporting that the CDROM controller in post #412 is working just fine. I tested first with a Sony U-710 which played some tricks and basically didn't work at all. I swapped it for an ASUS S520 (as shown in some other posts) and it works just fine. Only problem which suprised me is that the CDROM is vibrating and making quite a lot of noise at 1X which I did not expect. Maybe it's just this unit...

Attachments

• cdp1s.jpg
    cdp1s.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,320