Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th May 2008, 10:32 PM   #861
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MrMajestic

My guy pulled out so the player is available for you now. Email me so we can discuss it.

Det skulle jeg gjerne gjort, men du har sperret for direkte epost i brukerpreferansene dine...

edit: OR IN ENGLISH:

I would love to PM you, but that opportunity is blocked in your preferances.
Old 8th May 2008, 10:50 PM   #862
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by superhkm

Det skulle jeg gjerne gjort, men du har sperret for direkte epost i brukerpreferansene dine...

edit: OR IN ENGLISH:

I would love to PM you, but that opportunity is blocked in your preferances.

Oops, missed that option. Fixed it now.
Old 8th May 2008, 11:20 PM   #863
Zigis is offline Zigis  Latvia
diyAudio Member

Great tread !

My JVC is on the way.
I am interested in i2s output, luvdunhill say:

Quote:
Originally posted by luvdunhill

what about pins 33-36 on the LC78620
I am not very familiar with digital things, so can someone simply tell, how to connect TDA1543's BCK,WS and DATA to LC7862, if it is possible ?
In LC7862 datasheet is different pin "names" than in CS8412
I am thinking to avoid spdif and build transport and NOS DAC in one enclosure, maybe upgrade to TDA1541 later.

Franz Gysi,
do you still use your "Super Pro" DAC with Aikido output, or different configuration now ?

Zigis.
Old 9th May 2008, 04:40 AM   #864
diyAudio Member

Hi Zigis

Unfortunately there is a LC78601 inside, no I2S out available.

I did experiment with "Super Pro" and Broskie Cathode follower (not Aikido), but for some reasons there was limited bandwith in higher frequencies.

Actually I use standard "Super Pro" and plan to attach transformers to the balanced outputs of the CS4398.

I cannot find the analog output level in the CS4398 datasheet, but I think a AIKIDO has to much gain to connect to a CS4398.

Click the image to open in full size.

BTW: the Super Pro is already a very fine DAC. Just replace 6 electrolytic caps by good bipolar caps and go on!

Regards
Franz
Old 9th May 2008, 12:56 PM   #865
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
While the transport I'm presenting in this thread is not really a clone, it all started with me picking inside Shigaraki and posting some pics on audiostereo.pl forum.

The whole story can be read here: http://www.audiostereo.pl/forum_wpis...at=36475&p=1#k

Any good online polish to english translator? (SYSTRAN ?) There´s millions of hints about Shigaclone mechanical construction here that I would love to know by myself

Thanks
Old 9th May 2008, 02:01 PM   #866
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zigis
Great tread !

My JVC is on the way.
I am interested in i2s output, luvdunhill say:

I am not very familiar with digital things, so can someone simply tell, how to connect TDA1543's BCK,WS and DATA to LC7862, if it is possible ?
In LC7862 datasheet is different pin "names" than in CS8412
I am thinking to avoid spdif and build transport and NOS DAC in one enclosure, maybe upgrade to TDA1541 later.

Franz Gysi,
do you still use your "Super Pro" DAC with Aikido output, or different configuration now ?

Zigis.
The spdif output from this chipset is very high quality so it is not as big a loss as it seems. My RCEZ32 based Shigaclone easily matches my SCD-777ES as a transport for CD playback.

The Wolfson WM8804 is an excellent spdif receiver, and Twisted Pear Audio sells a receiver module using this chip for a very reasonable price - this will give you the I2S signals you want. They also have some Buffalo dacs protos available that take spdif directly and I suspect this would be an absolutely killer combo.

http://www.twistedpearaudio.com/news.aspx
Old 9th May 2008, 02:35 PM   #867
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by Zigis
I also have NOS TDA1543 DAC available that takes SPDIF directly.
The DAC has been favourably reviewed on 6moons last year: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/a...e5/system.html

and is available both in Premium and basic versions:

“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 9th May 2008, 02:39 PM   #868
diyAudio Member

For those who work on a transport suspention, here how it's done in Levinson ML31.5, which was inspiration to what I did in my transport:

“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 9th May 2008, 02:43 PM   #869
diyAudio Member

And this is how it's done in CEC TL0:

Old 9th May 2008, 02:43 PM   #870
DaveM is offline DaveM  United States
diyAudio Member

Actually the Buffalo DAC protos seem to all be taken. There will be another board run soon from what I understand. I would guess that the first small run was to prove things out. There were the minor, but to be expected errors in the first run that are being corrected (labeling only issues).

I've been following this as that is my intent. I am going to replace my NAD S500 with a Shingaclone/Buffalo setup. My JVC is in Quebec now and will be coming in country next weekend via a co-worker who's mother lives north of the border. I will need to be patient for the second run of Buffalos as there was no cash in the toy account to make the first run happen.

On another note, I am intending to make a screw cd mount like the ones mentioned earlier. I know that those were made using a manual machine which is pretty labor intensive. I may be able to get some cranked out on our CNC if I talk nice to our machinist. If not, I will just make 1 for myself.

Dave

Hide this!Advertise here!