Building with the Soekris dam1121

Søren

Due to DAM1021 Serial Port runtime Control
The setting using the Serial Port runtime Control will be clear by power off.
We must be use the umanager to setup and store the status of Volume, etc.

Can the Firmware change to Serial Port runtime Control also will store and reuse after power off?
Thanks

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Søren

Due to DAM1021 Serial Port runtime Control
The setting using the Serial Port runtime Control will be clear by power off.
We must be use the umanager to setup and store the status of Volume, etc.

Can the Firmware change to Serial Port runtime Control also will store and reuse after power off?
Thanks

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but please note that, as I've already said a couple of times, the dam1121 is designed to be controlled by an external uC....

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK, still no sound. But maybe I also have to strap also Config 3..1 (I did 5k to ground from pin Config0)? They are open now. But reading the manual:

When config0 = 0, I2S are inputs and I2S out is on, but Pin tables says:

I2S_DAT_I: bla bla I2S
I2S_DAT_O: I2S data / Config 1 strap

Shouldn't I2S_DAT_I say "Config strap" instead of ..._O ?

Manual OK?

//

Joined 2009
Paid Member
OK, still no sound. But maybe I also have to strap also Config 3..1 (I did 5k to ground from pin Config0)? They are open now. But reading the manual:

When config0 = 0, I2S are inputs and I2S out is on, but Pin tables says:

I2S_DAT_I: bla bla I2S
I2S_DAT_O: I2S data / Config 1 strap

Shouldn't I2S_DAT_I say "Config strap" instead of ..._O ?

Manual OK?

//

The manual is correct, and all config pins need valid levels at power on, typically by a resistor strap.

The dam1121 will also output the mode at power up to the serial port:

Mx = Master
Mx = Slave
x = 1: Stereo
x = 2: Stereo Invert
x = 3: Balanced Left
x = 4: Balanced Right

Function is undefined if config mode is not set correctly.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just to rule the stupid things out: Did you set header J1 pin2 (enable audio output)?

I have seen repeated L048.... at the DAM 1021 when no valid filter was available (when I messed with the filters). I notice you have no Fx displaied in the status.

I never have seen the PN in status before.

Hmm, J1 P2 EN_AUD is an output if Config0 -> GND - no?

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just to rule the stupid things out: Did you set header J1 pin2 (enable audio output)?

I have seen repeated L048.... at the DAM 1021 when no valid filter was available (when I messed with the filters). I notice you have no Fx displaied in the status.

I never have seen the PN in status before.

ZFE, what did you do to EN_AUD?

Strap i to pull_up? or down?

What does "IO O/C" mean?

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The manual is correct, and all config pins need valid levels at power on, typically by a resistor strap.

The dam1121 will also output the mode at power up to the serial port:

Mx = Master
Mx = Slave
x = 1: Stereo
x = 2: Stereo Invert
x = 3: Balanced Left
x = 4: Balanced Right

Function is undefined if config mode is not set correctly.

Not Sx for slave?

//

Ok. How do you interpret it to be strapped - high?

OC = open collector?

//
From the view point of fail safe implementation (muting at power on/off), mute = gnd would make more sense to me.

If it is an issue in your implementation to test it yourself, measure if something is happening at the shift register out pins (at the ladder resistors). There should be Vref (switched on/off) when tyou play some signal (independend from the state of the muting circuit). Just do not use the MS-bits which are inactive due to your volume =-35dB setting.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Solved:

VCC5D on J2 pin 1 is not the same as VCCD5 on J2 pin 2. Schematic in manual hinted on this with different pin names. (Also, the schema is not up to date. Config0 = NC.)

Only fed pin 1.

It played for one minute - then with a little "crack", sound disappeared. Now I cant seem to get in contact with uManager. More troubleshooting ahead...

//