A NOS 192/24 DAC with the PCM1794 (and WaveIO USB input)

Just a quick update on my DDDAC's progression, for those interested!
I must acknowledged this will not be possible without the helps from a very kind audio friend, Doncentric!
6bb084fc3394213818402a7adb8da4ba.jpg

dd63a5e1cec80b92ac09762ec243df00.jpg

0ee98322bf8582bdd620c6742d76a797.jpg

15a93151df6f7cd61d57dfc6b12ac0bd.jpg

eaf5d1dfe37ad708a756858a35e5c04f.jpg

f8918fb93203c6982e5234d4e3e9f0d4.jpg

Wow Chanh! Saying another time "great job" would seem banal at this point. I very much like your approach and attitude to make the job done the way it should be. Grand complements for all package!
Btw, what is this incision machine? It looks not so big and make nice job. I'm wondering if is available in europe somwhere. What's the brand and model please?

For the BBB-Hermes-Chronus users.

Found a way to connect the BBB directly to the DAC-Board.

No Mainboard needed any more.

Conversion to Right Justified Dual Mono is done by the botic driver and ALSA.

The sound even improved :)

If there is some interest I can post how to do this later.

It took some time to get it working, but actually the modifications are quite simple.

Attachments

• BBB-DDDAC-01.jpg
    BBB-DDDAC-01.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 240
  • BBB-DDDAC-02.jpg
    BBB-DDDAC-02.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 252
Future DDDAC's owner

Hi everyone ! :)

First of all, I would like to thank Doede for sharing his great job and crazy tweaker for their ideas, I a learning a lot of interesting thinks here !

I will order all that I need for build the DDDAC but I have some questions before doing it... :p

1) Did someone has compared full tweaked single board VS 4 boards with "soft tweaks" (caps, CCS) ? What were the best way ?

2) I would like to create ma Raw PS with Lundahl choke. I'm asking myself why nobody did it with Lundahl LL1638/4H ? Apparently, the main board is 10mA and each DAC module 100mA, if I use 4 modules, the choke will support those 410mA and I can make a LCLC with only 1 choke. No ?

3) I am looking for BElleson regulators. Isn't it possible to use one 5V for the main board, one for Left 8V, one for Left 3.3V, one for right 8V, one for right 3.3V ? If I go with 4 dac modules, if I remove each LF circuit on the modules, isn't possible to share the Belleson suplly ? For example, for the 8V for left side, I connect each DAC module VDD together, will save place and money. BAd idea ?

Thanks for your help ! :)

Julien

It took some time to get it working, but actually the modifications are quite simple.
Yes please post! Very interested!

Chan and Don, great work! Looks really tidy and well thought out. Very hard to get that level of finish. Most impressed :)

Jptz, yes! I suspected and hoped this approach was possible from a while ago, but never found the time to properly work out how. That's brilliant :)
Acko confirmed to me a when I was researching it that it's also possible to reclock 2 separate data channels with the s03 with only a slight modification too, but the software config was always the challenge for me.
Looking forward to hearing how you achieved it

James

Highly interested!

Can you describe the sound improvements?

dwjames: yes, I think this would work with every reclocker which has at least 2 separate data channels.
Probably it's also possible with a rasberry. But I don't know much about it. It all depends on the driver. Miero did a very good job with the botic!

supersurfer: I think this modification sounds mostly better because without the hardware shift registers, there is less jitter now. (There is maybe also less noise because of one less voltage regulator)
So the improvements are like what you usually get if jitter is reduced, more (micro) details, a bit more bass, darker background, everything just sounds more right.
Did a lot of mods already on my DDDAC (Thanks btw for the things you suggested, tent shunts, choke psu ...) so my system was playing on a good level already.
But now it became even better. Best of all, it's a mod which is easy to try out and costs almost nothing if you own a BBB with an reclocker already :)