DSP Xover project (part 2) - Page 56 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th January 2013, 09:01 PM   #551
mvaldes is online now mvaldes  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaparK View Post
A forum member sent me a PM with a question related to LCD displays. I had a quick look at ebay and found this seller who has an amazing range of sizes and colors!

items in lcd 2x16 store on eBay!

Check it out if you're looking for a display, you should be able to find the perfect match.

NB. I don't know this seller, never traded with him. Also make sure the display is HD44780 compatible.
I've bought several time from this seller and it's very reliable.
Old 29th January 2013, 09:06 PM   #552
chaparK is offline chaparK  Luxembourg
diyAudio Member

Here's a list of IR receiver modules that have been tested with the board, they all work nice and are about 1 dollar each at digikey or similar shop:

Rohm RPM7138
Vishay TSOP34338
Vishay TSOP38238
Vishay TSOP39338.
Old 2nd February 2013, 04:31 PM   #553
diyAudio Member

Quote:
To store settings (i.e. presets) in the board's memory you use the control application.

To recall any stored preset, you use the remote controller or the menu.

Hope this makes sense!
Hi up there in Sydney

What sorts and number of presets are there initially? Can you select different XO frequencies, slopes or EQ, parametric EQ?

What is the limiting factor, memory and or programming?

Down the track, might some of these sort of controls operate from an Android or Apple device ?

I'm thinking it would be great to tune the sound from the listening position ..

Cheers from Melbourne

Last edited by otto88; 2nd February 2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 2nd February 2013, 04:44 PM   #554
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto88 View Post
Hi up there in Sydney

What sorts and number of presets are there initially? Can you select different XO frequencies, slopes or EQ, parametric EQ?

What is the limiting factor, memory and or programming?

Cheers from Melbourne
Hi Otto!

Initially the board has 3 factory presets that are simple pass-thru with different sampling frequencies. These simple presets are only useful to let you testing the board and its peripherals (power supply, LCD, IR sensor etc).

In order to get presets adapted to your speaker configuration, you must launch the control application and create your own signal path - gains, routing, delays and filters.

You can store up to 9 presets onboard. They can be totally different presets - i.e. different sampling frequencies and different filtering strategies.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Best

Nick

Attached: Electrical signal path (different topic)

NajdaElectricalSignalPathSmall.png
Old 2nd February 2013, 05:03 PM   #555
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Otto!

Initially the board has 3 factory presets that are simple pass-thru with different sampling frequencies. These simple presets are only useful to let you testing the board and its peripherals (power supply, LCD, IR sensor etc).

In order to get presets adapted to your speaker configuration, you must launch the control application and create your own signal path - gains, routing, delays and filters.

You can store up to 9 presets onboard. They can be totally different presets - i.e. different sampling frequencies and different filtering strategies.

Let me know if this answers your questions.

Best

Nick

Attached: Electrical signal path (different topic)

Attachment 327752
Hi Nick

Up late!

Might the different filtering strategies be either selected or ideally altered on the fly, while music is playing. (I think the last few years, SoundEasy has this)?

Cheers
Old 3rd February 2013, 08:49 AM   #556
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Might the different filtering strategies be either selected or ideally altered on the fly, while music is playing. (I think the last few years, SoundEasy has this)?
Let me try to answer this.

The 9 presets I mentioned in my previous post are stored on the board. You can switch between presets with the remote controller or with the keypad while the board works in stand alone (i.e. without a PC connected to it). In this situation you cannot alter individual parameters. This functionality is useful for making A/B comparisons between various scenarios or for loading another EQ preset if you have stored several.

When the board is connected to the computer, then the number of presets is unlimited. They are files stored on your PC hard disk and you can open any of these, load their contents into the board and alter any parameter. All this happens in real-time if the board is connected, so while the music is playing.

Finally, any preset created on the computer can be stored in the board's memory. So basically:
- You create presets with the computer connected, running the application that we supply.
- Anything modified on screen is immediately transferred to the board and used for the processing.
- You store your favorite presets on the board.
- Then you can switch between these stored presets anytime, without the need of a computer.

Hope this helps.

Nick
Old 3rd February 2013, 11:47 AM   #557
diyAudio Member

Yes, excellent news thank you!

I'll get a pc that's good for this task, what PC spec do you *recommend, and do you believe any particular type of connection from PC to board gives best results?

When approx might you start taking orders for the next batch of boards?
Old 3rd February 2013, 06:02 PM   #558
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes, excellent news thank you!

I'll get a pc that's good for this task, what PC spec do you *recommend, and do you believe any particular type of connection from PC to board gives best results?

When approx might you start taking orders for the next batch of boards?
Any PC should be up to the task as long as it's not too old - let's say not over 10 years old... The connection between the PC and the board is a standard USB cable.

Regarding availability, I'll start taking orders sometime in the course of this month.

Cheers buddy!

Nick
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:51 PM   #559
diyAudio Member

Maybe few more screenshoots?
Old 6th February 2013, 08:40 PM   #560
diyAudio Member

I have posted more documentation, including installation notes.

Documentation for Najda

Hide this!Advertise here!