VC23, my new PGA2310 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I suggest keep the OP because the input impedance of PGA2310 is not big, so a buffer is always needed. If you can, keep the R7=R11 and R9=R14, then the OPs will become a buffer with gain=1.
Hi, I also have a VC23 bought from audiophonics.. it works fine but I'd like to know if it's possible to set the maximum gain = 0db.. I mean, to keep on using the input opamp as a gain stage, and use the PGA just as attenuator... this function was described on the site, by setting the dip-switch.. but it seems not work :confused: ! Please help thanx :)

Hi, I also have a VC23 bought from audiophonics.. it works fine but I'd like to know if it's possible to set the maximum gain = 0db.. I mean, to keep on using the input opamp as a gain stage, and use the PGA just as attenuator... this function was described on the site, by setting the dip-switch.. but it seems not work :confused: ! Please help thanx :)

Hi, sorry but VC23 doesn't support 0dB maximum function.
The configuration of switches:
1: Auto save settings
2: Display on/auto off
3: Remote learning mode
4: Control port output level

Re: Post #55 on Page 6 of this thread: 1) Can you tell me how to use the VC23 to turn on the T1 amp? 2) How do I use the Remote Learning Mode SW3 and the 111/222/333 codes? If I use the remote on the TV it changes the volume in +5dB increments, even the volume down, so pretty soon the amp was at 100%. Thank you in advance.

ok thank You.. could You explain what mean for 'Control port output level' ? :confused: if on or off what happens ? Changes in gain or something ?
Hi, "Control port" is CN9 on VC23. And here is the sw4's purpose:
on-amplifier control port active high level(3.3V TTL logic output);
off-amplifier control port active low(3.3V logic output)

Re: Post #55 on Page 6 of this thread: 1) Can you tell me how to use the VC23 to turn on the T1 amp? 2) How do I use the Remote Learning Mode SW3 and the 111/222/333 codes? If I use the remote on the TV it changes the volume in +5dB increments, even the volume down, so pretty soon the amp was at 100%. Thank you in advance.

Hi, I think you can use a relay to power on/off the AC power supply (220V/110V). When we put sw3 on, and VC23 will enter learning mode when power on, use a remote and press keys to learn the code. Operating sequence: 000-ON/OFF, 111-MUTE, 222-Volume down, 333-Volume UP, 444-Channel down, 555-Channel up, 666-learning end, then repeat for another cycle if needed.

Working now!

When I set DIP 3 to ON, shut down and restarted it wouldn't come back on. Turns out my power switch was bad. Fixed that and it is all good now, programming was a breeze. Good idea on the relay, I will do that.

See attached for latest box configuration.

Thanks!!!

Eric

Attachments

• 2011_0903Preamp0009.JPG
    2011_0903Preamp0009.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 2011_0903Preamp0005.JPG
    2011_0903Preamp0005.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 508
Thanks but 9VA is total for 2 lines +/-6v (line 1) and +6v(line 2) for example:

2x6V AC 0,5A
1x6V AC 0,5A

2x(6x0,5)+1x(6x0,5)= 9VA?

Audiophonics tell me that a dedicated custom toroidal for this board is :
30VA +/- 6 V + 6V (30 VA 4 windings)

is exagerate?

Last edited:
Hi hifimediy, vc23 is sounding great, really silent (no floor noise or humm) on my speakers until maximum gain :D ... but just a question.. when I start to go high in level let's say from -5 dB up to max. I hear some clicks every time I increase or decrease level. This happen ONLY if I do that without input source connected. If I short input to GND or have a source signal on that channel, this doesn't happen.. could be a problem depending on too high input impedance (30kohm in my board).. ?:confused:

TV Remote Interference with VC23

Was able to program the remote to control the VC23 with channel and volume with the cable box remote, but still problems. :( Whenever a button is pressed on the cable box remote when in CABLE mode, either channel up/down, List, back, play, etc it has a bad effect on the VC23 - usually raising volume, even though the "audio" function is not enabled. Here is the remote: Atlas OCAP 1056B03:
Atlas OCAP DVR Setup Television Control (1056-BC03)

Is there a fix or work-around for this? I may have to move the VC23 and amp to a different room as it can't be on at the same time the TV is on, but I really wanted to use the VC23 and amp for better TV sound..... :mad:

Thanks in advance.

Eric

Hi hifimediy, vc23 is sounding great, really silent (no floor noise or humm) on my speakers until maximum gain :D ... but just a question.. when I start to go high in level let's say from -5 dB up to max. I hear some clicks every time I increase or decrease level. This happen ONLY if I do that without input source connected. If I short input to GND or have a source signal on that channel, this doesn't happen.. could be a problem depending on too high input impedance (30kohm in my board).. ?:confused:

Look's typical of small DC present in the signal flow, if it's the case then adding a cap in between will help

JC

Can anyone who have bought VC43 from Audiophonics share his experience?
In particular I've two questions:
- when the module is switched on or off is there any noise (bump)?
- I've read in some french forum that VC23 was sensitive to light bulbs in the room and remote controls used in other rooms; has VC43 the same flaw?

Thanks
Fabrizio

ok.. I understand.. but another question... is it possible to modify MSP430F149 internal parameters in order just to modify GAIN LIMITS (-70dB to +3dB) of VC23 ? I mean... connect the MSP430 UART R/T of the hader on board via UART-USB adaptor to PC ? Because I'm not so expert on MCU programming.. which software should I use to do that ? Is it a difficult operation to do ?
Thank You.. :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.