The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening - Page 42 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > Clubs & Events

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th October 2007, 12:45 AM   #411
diyAudio Member

"As a carnivore .." I agree. If you need a modest contribution for an horedourve or two, say when. (Hot dogs & a good mustard =

FYI: pier 39, the former mayor's place, Alioto's, and several others are just another short hike over the hill.

Got Fat Pockets? ... take a cab down to the Embarcadero and hit some high spots ...

Our Euro visitors will appreciate that the exchange rates make a San Francisco Treat seem almost reasonable.
Old 17th October 2007, 01:10 AM   #412
diyAudio Member

I was planning on dropping some cash on the organizers. I figured doing it in person would keep PayPal out of the loop and get it all to the right place. Unless you'd prefer it sooner, in which case just let me know.
Old 17th October 2007, 01:37 AM   #413
lms is offline lms  Micronesia
diyAudio Member

burningamp.com didn't load after many trys, will be there with parment in hand
Old 17th October 2007, 01:39 AM   #414
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

Best bet for food is to avoid Pier 39 like the plague and either grab a sandwich at Green's To Go Restaurant right in Fort Mason (9AM to 4PM), go to the Marina Safeway right across the street for good sandwiches and everything else that a Safeway in an upsacale neighborhood has, or head towards the Marina restaurants clustered around Chestnut street. This district is where lots of young professionals live and there are food places in abundance

Plutos (Scott at Chestnut) has great grilled or roast meat sandwiches and salads and is quitereasonable. You can get your order to go:

http://sfsurvey.com/rd.asp?r=495

Green's also has sit down meals but not at all cheap for a vegetarian restaurant, BUT if you aren't a veggie, you will STILL find good things to eat there so don't be scared off..

http://www.lovetoeatandtravel.com/Si...ood/greens.htm

Andale Restaurant is good , innovative, Mexican food
at Chestnut and Steiner :
http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3710726548
Old 17th October 2007, 01:46 AM   #415
Variac is offline Variac  United States
diyAudio Editor

www.burningamp.com loads very slowly the first time. Also maybe AR2 is loading the new schedule.

We don't need more money in advance. It is fine for anyone to bring it to the door. All interested in what we do are welcome- you don't have to be a DIY Audio member and the event isn't an official DIY Audio event...

Any extra funds will buy more snacks or drinks and part of next year's rental deposit if there is extra at the end..

Remember, you and your fellow DIYers can bring stuff to sell, and we will have some auctions as a fundraiser. For example Nelson is bringing quite a few transformers that we will auction off, raffle off, give as prizes whatever. Have you checked what the price of copper has done to transformer prices lately?
Old 17th October 2007, 02:46 AM   #416
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AR2
My dear Burners and Flamers!

Here you can download the schedule and see what we have planed. This still could change some but that would be fine tuning.

I'm in Group C, but the speakers are still in pieces as assembly was WAY more time-consuming than imagined, and blowing off my dayjob is not on the menu. Perhaps somebody else could take the spot.
Old 17th October 2007, 03:42 AM   #417
GaryB is offline GaryB  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AR2
My dear Burners and Flamers!

Understanding urgency of the moment, and under pressure from my fellow Master Burners, I am posting the latest schedule here before I finish changes to the web site.
Dear AR2,
Thanks for letting me show some of my equipment.
Earlier I mentioned that I've got some Altec 755C drivers in some simple 2ft3 boxes that might be a good match for some of the lower power amps. Should I bother bringing these or are the sessions already too crowded?

---Gary
Old 17th October 2007, 04:41 AM   #418
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

I just want to thank everyone who has signed up and/or donated. Vladimir, Mark, and I took a gamble with our own money (and trust me, none of us are rich!) because we believed that this sort of festival was needed. I was pessimistic that we'd ever recoup it, but felt that it was worthwhile even if it cost us- worst case, it's just the three of us and for $500 each, we could have a nice all-day party there. My honest assessment was that we'd draw maybe 20 people; we started late, everything was rushed, there were atomic bomb sized obstacles along the way... I had no idea that there would be this much interest and that we'd attract so many overseas visitors.

I'm surprised, overwhelmed, and grateful to all of you. This is going to be a LOT of fun.
Old 17th October 2007, 04:53 AM   #419
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Well written, I feel the same. One correction:
This is already a lots of fun!
AR2
Old 17th October 2007, 05:21 AM   #420
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally posted by GaryB

Dear AR2,
Thanks for letting me show some of my equipment.
Earlier I mentioned that I've got some Altec 755C drivers in some simple 2ft3 boxes that might be a good match for some of the lower power amps. Should I bother bringing these or are the sessions already too crowded?

---Gary

More is always better. It will be great for all interested to hear a piece of history. There will be, it seems, a lots of tube amps including mine 2A3s... so it would be really nice to hear Altecs. If it not a big hassle to you - please bring it.

Hide this!Advertise here!