10th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Terry,

Maybe you can camp near me, and that way the skeeters will have a clear choice in where to go for a night time meal! :D

I had a breakthrough today in smoothing the response on my in-wall horns. I would like to show them off, but at 7.5' long transporting might require too much ambition on my part. On the other hand they are already as ugly as they will likely get-so no special packing would be needed. :spin:

Terry,

Maybe you can camp near me, and that way the skeeters will have a clear choice in where to go for a night time meal! :D

Howard, I'm afraid that I'm too old to vie for the favor of young female Mosquitoes. They're all yours!

I had a breakthrough today in smoothing the response on my in-wall horns. I would like to show them off, but at 7.5' long transporting might require too much ambition on my part. On the other hand they are already as ugly as they will likely get-so no special packing would be needed. :spin:

That's too cool!
If you had an old house with "Balloon" Construction, you could really get some bass!

Best Regards,
Captain "X'

Really happy about planning the trip this August 17th

A few questions:

What kinda beer do you all like?

Howard

edited to the not necessarily most pertinent, but as yet unaddressed question:

cold is probably the only thing we could "all" agree on - well, that and no lite beer - oxymoron really

if importing from your side, probably anything Samuel Adams - there are tons of great local craft / micro-brews Jeff , Scott and Cal would be the experts that immediately come to mind

not that I'm trying to imply .....

of course, even for those not driving home nightly, moderation is recommended

with Scott and Cal attending, whom am I trying to kid :D

and can we make this a T-shirt manditory not optional event - there's a lot to love about those two, but time and place, boys

Last edited:
Wow Chris:
I did not realize the site of two 1/2 naked men laughing and having fun made you feel uncomfortable.
Oh well you will get over it.
Men without shirts will likely show up for sure now. Although we did promise not to try and burn any stone this year.
I am sure we can come up with a new experiment of some sort.
Hey Cal hold my beer, Watch this, it will be really cool.............

I've got my speakers done. MDF finish, but we'll see how they sound :)

Is anyone bring a sub? I could use bass support on my speakers, but not sure what to do. Thought about bring two large subs and a minidsp. Or a single 8" in a very small sealed box that can be wired up to the high level inputs and use the plate amp to adjust the XO. I'll bring this if anyone else would like it used with any other speakers. I think my big subs would be much to annoying, but really are how my speakers are voiced.

If there's another sub there that can be implemented, that would work too. I'll just run my speaker full range, I just need a little filler below 80hz.

Watch out for the young female vultures circling over Terry
He is a bit of a chick magnet.
Jeff , Scott and Cal
That sounds like trouble. Can we invite Kevin Haskins again? He'll keep us in line.
even for those not driving home nightly, moderation is recommended
Good luck with that.
with Scott and Cal attending, whom am I trying to kid :D
My thoughts exactly.
Wow Chris:
I did not realize the site of two 1/2 naked men laughing and having fun made you feel uncomfortable.
You'd think he'd embrace that as his age.
Although we did promise not to try and burn any stone this year.
Maybe you did. I'm bringing two torches this year. One for each.
I am sure we can come up with a new experiment of some sort.
What could possibly go wrong?

Cal - you know there's an open invitation to all our southern Cascadian chums - assuming they can find their way

Scott - there's just so much of you both to enjoy that distraction is always an issue
maybe a sweat lodge and drum circle in the woods up the driveway - Cal's likely got a spare tent or two, or even some old tarps, and I'm sure Dave could scare up some cardboard boxes or unused totes

Ryan - Dave generally has a couple of subs and amps available

Is beer a "gateway drug"?

Kinda sounds like popping the tops on the brew opens up a brave new world.

cuing while intoxicated . mothers, keep a close watch on your tonearms---

Are there females with enuf courage (or poor judgement?) to hang around DIYfest?

What happened before with torch and stone?

Terry is definitely a chick magnet, recently recharged classic alnico, all Gauss and glory.

I'm planning to be a first timer this year. Am driving up with TerryO. He needs a driver now. Does that mean I'm welcome or will I be a pariah because of the Terry connection. I'll gladly bring beer if that helps.

Looking forward to meeting everyone,
John

Dear Nerdo,

You are most certainly a Pariah !! Sorry...

Best Regards,
Captain "X"

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.