10th Annual Vancouver Island diyFEST 2013

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if anyone will be bringing, or perhaps have, speakers at this event? The reason that I ask is that we were thinking of bringing a small assortment of amplifiers and perhaps even a couple of special surprises.

Before I forget, does anyone have an unabridged American / Canadian dictionary? I've found that in the late evening hours I have trouble understanding Cal and Scott's dialect. Perhaps if I permitted myself to indulged in the "Canadian Elixar of Perfect Understanding" I might be able to understand their stange aboriginal dialect! Unfortunately, as a Cultural Envoy I am not permitted to indulge in the curious customs of the native people.

Best Regards,
Captain "X'

I am bringing a set with EL166en and Tang Band mid-tweet that I am actively crossing over with a miniDSP. I have been using the little 4-channel miniAMP so far but if you've got some amps to try it'd be easy to change over to them!

Ryan: Could you bring a pair of those little Denovo 1" compression drivers and some waveguides for them? I'll also bring my ERT26s and we can swap between the Tang Band, Denovo and CSS!

American to English: color=colour.

KM

Last edited:
I am bringing a set with EL166en and Tang Band mid-tweet that I am actively crossing over with a miniDSP. I have been using the little 4-channel miniAMP so far but if you've got some amps to try it'd be easy to change over to them!

KM

I'm very interested in the miniDSP stuff. Maybe you could provide some user experience that would be helpful getting me off the ground with it.

John

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Terry, terry, terry...

Between Chris & i:

New:
3 different FASTs: A7 + SDX7, FF85 + Peerless, FF85 + SF W14
Frugel-HornXL 2 pr with A10P & A10PeN. Energtic soiuls can swap in A10.3 if wanted
Pensil10.3
Mar-Ken10.3T with A10.3eN
mMar-Ken7.3
mFonken125
microTower II CHP70.2 & ERT26
SEAS 8" FR (hopefully)
SDX7 + CSS waveguide with a proper XO
A10 BassWide + ERT26
FH3 with CSS VWR126x

Uodated:
uFonkenSET with woofT
Mar-Ken10.2 now with A10.2eN
Brines ML-TLs now with A10.2eN
Em-Ken (hopefully)

and lots of others that have been unchanged since last year

Enuff Terry?

dave

I was wondering if anyone will be bringing, or perhaps have, speakers at this event? The reason that I ask is that we were thinking of bringing a small assortment of amplifiers and perhaps even a couple of special surprises.

Before I forget, does anyone have an unabridged American / Canadian dictionary? I've found that in the late evening hours I have trouble understanding Cal and Scott's dialect. Perhaps if I permitted myself to indulged in the "Canadian Elixar of Perfect Understanding" I might be able to understand their stange aboriginal dialect! Unfortunately, as a Cultural Envoy I am not permitted to indulge in the curious customs of the native people.

Best Regards,
Captain "X'

I'm bringing at least 5 pairs, 2 versions of the WR.30, VX.2, prototype 3 way, prototype 2 way. The latter 2 have prototype tweeters which should be released in October.

Terry, wasn't there a line about the disappearance of the English language "why in America they haven't used it for years"?

CreativeBob

Have you listened to the new XO yet Dave?

Kyle, I can bring some denovo stuff for show and tell, but don't have any speakers made up. Just simply swapping them around won't cut the cheese. Maybe I could whip something up this week in some test cabs I have laying around.

My main gig is gonna be a CSS Planar 2 over a pro woofer with sat sub.

Have you listened to the new XO yet Dave?

Kyle, I can bring some denovo stuff for show and tell, but don't have any speakers made up. Just simply swapping them around won't cut the cheese. Maybe I could whip something up this week in some test cabs I have laying around.

My main gig is gonna be a CSS Planar 2 over a pro woofer with sat sub.

Understood but I am planing on having my laptop with me to noodle with the miniDSP settings if needed.

Kyle

I'm very interested in the miniDSP stuff. Maybe you could provide some user experience that would be helpful getting me off the ground with it.

John

Sure, I'd be happy to show you some stuff. Ryan will be there later in the day and he'd be even more useful to you. My experience with measuring and designing the xo is very limited. Ryan has far more experience and knowledge.

Kyle

I wish I could make it, but the City College of SF (where I teach) starts the semester this Wed and I can't lengthen the weekend. The bad news/good news is that they've lost accreditation effective next July 2014, so I'll very likely make it next year! Cheers in abstentia,
Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.