The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Mark Brasfield and I can lend a pair of Scan-Speak 2-way speakers and a very low distortion amp.

(BTW, despite my previous declarations, work has seriously interfered with progress on the active crossovers.)

OK, I'm going at this moment through the whole process again with the Realiser. It really isn't that difficult, but you need to do it a few times because it is unfamiliar. Can hardly believe the results, sometimes I need to take off the phones to see if it realy is the phones I'm listening to or the speakers!

BTW Does that amp have a level control? If not I need a separate level control or a simple preamp... :eek:

Jan

Hmmmm pretty weak not to bring the Audio Artistry speakers.
I know they're big, but I don't see any speakers coming that will take advantage of your amps and such. And I REALLY want to hear them again!!!
and they look so Coooool! We need more people to see them!
No one with nice speakers to pair up with me? :shock:

Bringing those Audio Artistrys last year was a heroic effort. Not only were the speakers bulky and required someone to help with a large SUV, the system's nature also meant bringing two subwoofers, two power amps, digital electronic xover, preamp, source, etc., etc.

Sorry but I don't have the ride this year for that much stuff... :(

P.S. If I find enough spare space in the vehicle, I may bring a pair of nice MTM monitors based on Dynaudio Esotec drivers, along with speaker stands for them, but this may or may not happen.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a FW F1 or F2 that they'd like to bring? While nikonf and I are bringing Bottlehead SEX and AmpCamp amp to drive a variety of Fostex and MarkAudio speakers, the F1 makes most of these speakers really sing!

If nobody intends to bring one, I can be persuaded to bring my F1....although it wasn't diy'd by me, but diy'd by Nelson.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.