The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
few lines from Mighty Moi :

-meeting people is most important thing
-then goes lectures
-then goes seeing funky gadgets and speaking of them (considering that forum activity is already all the time about that , exactly)
-then goes actual listening ; gimme few evenings with some apparatus , then I'll tell you what I think ; not in shorter time

BBQ is waaaaay above listening , on importance list :devilr:

+10:checked:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Yes Charlie, you are right! Time to get fired up!!!
This year, as my sig line notes, the show will be on October 6th, SOON!!!
which is a Sunday, from 10am to 7pm. building "C", second floor as the last couple of years.
Let's start talking up what we're bringing!

Horrific family issues have limited my ability to organize this year, but from experience if we get going now we can still be more organized than in previous years- mostly because we've never been terribly organized I'll admit!!!

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I will be bringing an MTM system that I recently designed using a pair of the Anarchy woofers and a small format elliptical horn tweeter in a 45L ported cabinet, tuned to 35Hz. The drivers are available from the DIYsoundgroup. The crossover was developed using the Active Crossover Designer (ACD) and is implemented using a MiniDSP 2x4. The active speaker has built in amplification, with the crossover external to the loudspeaker.

During the development of this speaker a new 'directivity extension' to ACD has been used extensively. The extension provides a framework for a set of measurements of the drivers, without crossover filters and obtained on multiple axes, to be imported during set up (e.g. only once) and linked into the filter design tools. The system response (drivers+crossover filters), can then be predicted for all measured axes and viewed during the crossover design process so that appropriate tradeoffs can be made considering all response axes. The frequency response information can be viewed in a number of ways such as a line plot, surface plot, or sonogram.

As an example, the sonogram for the MTM system that I will bring is shown below:

directivity%20sonogram%20Anarchy%20MTM%20xover%20v1C.png

-Charlie

It's unfortunate but I can't make it there this year though I had planned to make the trip. But things went downhill suddenly and it makes the trip unviable.

Maybe next year (!). Trust all lectures will be up on the Net. More pictures or video on youtube with identification of who's who ! It's funny that we think that someone might look like this or that and turn out to look completely different ! It's great fun being at the meet !
Have fun.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.