The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Burning Amp 2010 Limited Edition Tee Shirts

Linear Integrated Systems in conjuction with The Burning Amp Festival is offering pre sale of the new Limited Edition, Linear Systems 2010 Burning Amp Tee Shirts which feature "Watt Sucking FireBall #5"

The Tee Shirts are available in Black in sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL, for a price of $15.00. A good opportunity to guarantee you get the correct size and quantity you want now versus a more limited supply at the show. Your order can be placed thru the LIS website using a credit card. Please provide the size and number of shirts you want along with a phone number. LIS will contact you to confirm your order and recieve your credit card information (A/M, M/C, Visa) You pick up your shirts at the show. Non-show tee shirt sales will be conducted after the show based upon any remaining stock and sizes.

Tee Shirt Design: SlicART Sportswear

Tee Shirt Ordering: Linear Integrated Systems - Contact Us/Support
800-359-4023

Paul Norton
Linear Integrated Systems

I just came off the phone with Mark Variac and we agreed to share some of the back behind the scene happening while we are counting about a week before the show.

As you know, this year we decided to change the BAF venue from Yacht Club in Sausalito back to Fort Mason where we started. Only we are not going to be in the same building, but the one or two next to it on the second floor. The main reason for the change was that we felt the space at Yacht Club had a serious obstacle. Bar was part of the main listening room, and than during presentations there was noise from fridge and espresso machine. Other reason was we wanted to change the character of the show little bit, so that schedule is not so room centric. In another word we typically had one main room where all of the happening were taking place - big auditions, bigger systems, speeches by our guests...

We felt that people presenting small systems didn't have a fair share of the time. That is why this time we will have 5 rooms and sixth one will be for speeches. That way everyone will have chance to present their systems through the day and visitors will be able to go from room to room and have more than one space to enjoy. Again in our manner, we are right on the water, so for anyone wanting to enjoy the Bay and get some fresh air - it will be just a few easy steps down the stairs.

Now, Fort Mason and luxury of having these many rooms, comes with much higher price. That is not the only obstacle we are having. This time Fort Mason people are much more stricter on enforcing some policies, such as, in order to serve beer, we have to have liability and alcohol insurance. Also we have to use licensed bartender. Another issue is about food serving. We need to use again someone certified, and we cannot do it on our own.

Do not get worried, we already jumped through these hoops and we have a solutions for all of these. There will be beer since there is no good sound without the beer, and there will be food as well. Obviously all this puts a big risk and strain on Mark and myself since we are financing this on our own. Because of all this factors we need to increase the ticket price, from $ 20 we had in the past to $ 30. We realy hope to see you at the show, so that we do not end up stuck with bills, he :confused:

As much as we regret in raising the price for the show, we hope you will understand. We felt responsible in communicating this to you, since we all would like to keep the nature of the show as is. Change of the price is certainly not because we would like to change the nature of our event, but simply to cover the cost.

Thank you all

Ar2

Thirty bucks!!!

As far as I'm concerned, $30 is nearly free compared to the value of the event. Thanks to Variac, AR2 and everyone else involved for making this happen. :D

Looney

Ditto that Compadre' ... Cheap at twice the price! :king:

BTW: I will be bringing back some of the generous offerings that Dr. Pass has given us all over the years and just adding these to the pile of goodies ... no need to waste them on me ... I'm sure there will be others who will make better use of these.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Thirty smackers is no big deal - where's the paypal link for those who want to throw in a little extra? The least we could do is cancel out in advance NRE nonsense like that $550 booze insurance. I won't be bringing as much stuff as I would like (the electrons and Murphy are fighting back), but expect at least two amps, a digital source, and a pair of proletarian Parts-Expressian speakers (the Tri-Trix), biamped with a discrete jfet crossover.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey, you are the heart of BAF! bring all that cool stuff

well people can pay a little extra at the door if they want, and the beer won't be cheap! so it will probably work out.

Pay pal.....

iguana aaaaaaaattttt crozone dottie commie

If this confuses you send me a PM or click on my link below and then on "Who/contact" then click on "Contact : click to email" and you will see my e-mail address

This year will be epic!

Last edited:
As much as we regret in raising the price for the show, we hope you will understand. We felt responsible in communicating this to you, since we all would like to keep the nature of the show as is. Change of the price is certainly not because we would like to change the nature of our event, but simply to cover the cost.

Thirty bucks? Why, that's almost as much as one inch of MIT cable.

I have some stuff in my pantry for auction, proceeds to DIYfest. Anyone interested in two pairs of Morel Supreme 110 tweeters?

Burning Amp Fest / Happening (Oct 30, 2.01K) will be in Building C @ Fort Mason:

A better Google Map pointer will be found for Building C by clicking here:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Fort Mason Center, Building C
San Francisco, CA 94123
MAP & DIRECTIONS to the Museo Italo Americano

The Italo Americano Museum will be setting up for their November - February show that week, which should be quite interesting as well.

Parking? My favorite is the "Additional Marina Green Parking" area (US$ Free!) just west of the sailboat slips ... in a line of sight with The Long Now Foundation in Building A (also an interesting visit / look see).
fortmason_local_map_large.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of "where else to go and what else to do" ... The Presidio Yacht Club (of last years great show & tell BA Fest) is one that can be revisited = good camera views of the Golden Gate @ sea level, etc. ...

And if any touristas wants a Cable Car ride, best parking for the Hyde Street Line, just uphill off of Bay Street on Hyde Street (curb your wheels :eek: ) = easier to get on & off there and occasionally good, free parking ... It is a also nice short walk from Building C over to the Hyde Street Turnaround, but the Cable Car tourist crowd there can make for quite a wait.

sfroutes.gif

My favorite Art Museum: Palace of the Legion of Honor = crowded on weekends, but the surrounding parks are a trip & camera ready.

My favorite Science Museum = The Exploratorium ... just about a mile west of the Burning Amp Event, and a nice, safe walk through the Marina Green ... with lots of audio related exhibits, too.

My favorite breakfast or lunch with a view: Louie's above the Cliff House = free parking across the street. Great camera shots are from Sutro Park, just above ...

Last edited:
The latest and greatest!

Hear me, O hear me!

Thanx to guys from Baby diyAudio, or diyAudio from Serbia, we have added a forum at Burning Amp site. It is a full blown forum with all the capabilities, just like our diyAudio forum. Obviously the idea behind is not to make a new forum, but to make easier in the future registrations, picture postings, distributing news about the event, e.t.c.

Please visit the site and register yourself. That way you will be able to post pictures from the event. The link is posted at Burning Amp as BAF Forum, or you could go directly to

Burning Amp

Obviously we are just setting it up in the terms of forums, gallery organisations, registrations for the event, e.t.c. We will have it up completely for the this year's event.

Awesome, thanx to Mikorist and Zen Mod.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.