The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Ok, my partner in (this) crime, Vladimir (AR2) has updated the website.
We discussed the registration process and decided to have NO Pre-registration.
We have never turned anyone away and this year we have about 3 times the space, so what's the point? Just show up and pay the entry fee, and you're in!

Music, drinks, food, awesome DIY projects. Its gonna be the best party ever!

You can drive in to the Ft MAson parkling lot at no charge if you leave within 1/2 hour. That gives you plenty of time to unload into the freight elevator to the second floor. Then park there at a reasonably reasonable rate or go to the Marina Green parking lot ( free) or the Crissy Field Parking (free) if you want to save some bucks, and walk back a 1/4 mile.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There will also not be any auditions by topic. Because we have 4 audition rooms, it will be like a show, with 2 different systems in each room. Components will be rotated into the systems over the day. While one system is having a component swapped in, the other system is playing. There will be a "Marshal" in each room to keep things churning along..

Last edited:
Seas Will Be at BAF

A customer service rep at Seas in Norway emailed me that Seas R&D Manager Håvard Sollien and their US Sales Manager John Stone plan to attend the Burning Amp Festival. Seas has been excellent in providing technical information on some vintage Seas 12" coaxial drivers I recently purchased.

I myself will be bringing my refurbished Seas 30 TV-Coax speakers along with my refurbed/modded Magnavox 6BQ5/EL84 P-P amp, Aikido 6SN7 linestage, and modified Playstation 1 CD player.

Seas Coaxial Speakers.jpg Seas Coaxial Front.JPG

Ugly Betty 4.jpg

PS1 SCPH-5501 with Remote.JPG

Seas also has a secret connection to one of Nelson Pass's presentation themes, which might explain their presence.

Find out at the show!

The plot thickens.

Hey Mark, I sent an email through the BAF Website regarding setting up some of the gear I'm bringing. I can make it there in the morning. Please PM me or email me about what I need to do for set-up.

Thanks

URGENT INFO FROM VLADIMIR

Hello guys,
I will use this forum to let you know that I am OK and that I am not stuck in UK as you might believe from the email you most likely have received.

My gmail account appears to be compromised :deerman: and some of the people from my mailing list have received a fraudulent email in my name. To make it clear - that is not me so please disregard it and please accept my kindest apologies for the inconvenience. :blush:

The reason I am posting here is because I used gmail account for all of the Burning Amp registrations in previous years and I have been holding on that communication that obviously contains your email addresses.

This morning I received numerous emails and phone calls from many of you, my good friends from this forum. I like to have a positive outlook on life, so I have to say - it is a bummer to have my email account stolen, but the joy of having a knowledge that many of my good friends would be willing to help me when I am in need, greatly overcomes the pain.

All the best to all of you, and I am looking forward to meet you again at the Burning Amp Festival... (unless I get stuck in UK) :):):):):)

Since we are coming close to this year's event, just a brief update.

Mark and myself went, about a week ago, to visit the space. It looked really great. I think you all will like it a lot. It is a huge improvement over the last year's venue - no more bar coolers humming during presentations! We will have five rooms plus the presentation room. There is a freight elevator to carry gear to the room level. My advice will be to have a dolly to help you roll your heavy gear. A word on power distribution - there are plenty of power drops, but you will need to have your own power strips. As usual we might be short with sources, so please if you can, bring your own CD player, PC source, or turntable.

Lastly, I would like to mention how fortunate we are. This year, it is confirmed, we will have a presentation by Mr. Linkwitz, and not just to listen to his presentation but also to hear his original Orion OB speakers. Mr. Pass, as always, will have something to present that we will be talking about for months after the show. I hear Linear Systems are planning to surprise everyone (cannot talk much about it, otherwise it is not going to be surprise) RAAL is going to present their brand new product - a dipole ribbon tweeter, that is already pulling a lots of attention. This year, just like all past shows, Jan Didden of Linear Audio fame is coming straight from the Netherlands... I am sure Jack Hidley and his team will be our special guests again. I do not know yet, I will check, but I hope to see Mr. Curl as well. Mr. Dragan Solaja from Serbia, tube amps and preamps designer and manufacturer will bring his top of the line balanced tube preamp. In previous years we always used his SA-R preamp as our reference preamp in the main room. I do not know if he is planning to visit us, but I would be very glad to see again Mr. Scott Wurcer.

And most importantly, we will have you guys, our DIYaudio buddies. It is an understatement saying that we are very excited about this year's show.

It is a D day minus 23!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a worming up to the Burning Amp, here are some images from my visit yesterday to Mr. Pass. What a good time my wife and myself had! It was a perfect day, and Mr.Pass and his wife Jill made it really special for us. It was 10.10.10 in every way! :p:p:p

To start my story, just like in every fairy tale, Mr. Pass lives across seven seas and seven mountains and to reach him you have to cross bridge guarded by two dragons...

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 236
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.