The Burning Amp Festival- an Audio Happening

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the first set up we heard were this concept amps and new - old JBL speakers that Mr. Pass has recently acquired in the perfect shape. I did not know what to look at first. Speakers or amps. These amps looked so goooooood, it is hard to put it in words. When I saw them I was just speechless. By their look they dominate room. They are a pair of Uber Cool amps. When you think of how amp should look like - this is it. Here they are, judge for yourself

Attachments

• CF009969.jpg
    CF009969.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 425
JBL sounded very, very good. We listened one terrific recording from the record, and there was that part with cello... literarily sounded just like from a different world. That bass and mid... woah. Amps performed just like they looked. Amazing similarity to a tube amp but with cleaner highs, and really well defined bass. I had a feeling that they grab drivers and they move and shake them violently, but in such a controlled and fast way, and than they stop without any further motion... not a mm.

Next in line was OB with SEAS new full range driver. It was such an honor, since Nelson assembled them that morning for my visit for a first time, and we both had a premier of those drivers in the open baffle housing. They sounded very good, with fair bottom extension and very good on the top. Nice and simple, I am sure many will enjoy them. They will be presented for a first time at the Colorado show next week.

Attachments

• Seas to the people.jpg
    Seas to the people.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 181
  • SEAS.jpg
    SEAS.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 186
  • SeasInRoom.jpg
    SeasInRoom.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Next was visit to the barn, home of First Watt and amp with few thousands jFets... It is an understatement that I cannot wait to hear that amp. I am sure that will be the only one that anyone attempted to make an amp like that... A pure collector piece.

This is a brief report from our visit yesterday. It was such a special day I had to say. The most appropriate title for Mr. Pass is really "One and Only" His passion and love for whatever he touches shows in everything he does, and it is such a pleasure being around him and his family. I am not allowed to talk, but what he is working on right now and what he is brewing in his lab will again set the new standards that others will just try to follow.

Attachments

• Nelson.jpg
    Nelson.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 1000jFets.jpg
    1000jFets.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 225
A few years ago in AE, there was an article on the restoration of a pair of the same JBLs shown in Papa's living room. They are reputed to be legendary. The author of the article had a lot of work to do to restore his to legendary status, as his arrived thrashed to sh** and modified by a Neanderthal with audiophile ( for a Neanderthal) pretensions. Apparently Papa had more luck.

Is it safe to assume that Jacco will be here for the next BAF? And Magura? For Zen I know he will be here. A Dutchman, Dane and a Serb! I know you will not make cheese while here... you will not play football... Sailing with Mark? No it was almost lethal for Magura... Ha ha, let me plan, That will be the party of the century!

for nutin

You're game for anything sausage, even half-eaten ones with legs.
(pretty pediatric, but i still have most Jaccovitti albums i read/bought in adolescent days, e.g. ; a dozen Cocco Bills, the Pinocchio one, Kama Sutra. Hugo Pratt is a second cherished Italian comic book cartoonist, Corto Maltese +others)

Shucks, i'll probably die regretting this, but if the Serb sausage will be there i'll attend as well.
Oh brother, where fart thou ?

Attachments

• obro.jpg
    obro.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Shucks, i'll probably die regretting this, but if the Serb sausage will be there i'll attend as well.
Oh brother, where fart thou ?

knowing what amount of finest weed is needed for Dutchy Whale's prep to step in Silver Dolphin ...... I must say that I'm flattered to the Moon and back

or he's going just to choke me :rofl:

anyway - my fave , almost Breugelian , both in pic and mind ( if your Frenchwhale lingua is as rust never sleepy , I can point you to fountain ):

1073_i.jpg

Good enough?
Nasi Proizvodi - www.SuhoMeso.com

Grown on Tahoe - Siera Nevada mountains, distributed and dried in Oakland. Funny, very funny title for the site SuhoMeso.com - means dried (smoked) meat.com but really good stuff. I treated my favorite guests with it and they all survived and asked for more!

For the one interested, site is in serbo - croatian. Any products are available to be ordered on line. If you do not know what, let them recommend you what is best, just give them a call.

http://www.suhomeso.com/gdjekupiti.html

Last edited:
To start my story, just like in every fairy tale, Mr. Pass lives across seven seas and seven mountains and to reach him you have to cross bridge guarded by two dragons...

Apparently you are among the rare ones who answered correctly to the three questions:

1.What is your quest?
2.What is your favorite color?
3. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I guess that nowadays the questions have changed a bit:

1.What is your quest?
2. Which is your favorite amplifier?
3. Which is your favorite speaker?

Many of us still don't know the answers nr 2 or 3 (or both) :D

Apparently you are among the rare ones who answered correctly to the three questions:

1.What is your quest?
2.What is your favorite color?
3. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I guess that nowadays the questions have changed a bit:

1.What is your quest?
2. Which is your favorite amplifier?
3. Which is your favorite speaker?

Many of us still don't know the answers nr 2 or 3 (or both) :D

Yes and I asked:

But may I please speak with your Master! and they let me see Nelson, after asking me: Are you saying that coconut is common fruit in Britain?
:p:p:p;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.