Pictures and circuits of my DIY class D and other projects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

Thank you for the nice pictures. Inspiring!

Some word about the construction-details would surely be good to have.

Your SMPS seems to be unregulated and with a toroid-transformer. Whats the regulation on the secondary-side and how do you maintain proper isolation between primary and secondary windings?

Regards TroelsM

Hi.

How much does the secondary-voltage go down when the supply is heavy loaded?

I would guess that its drops quite a lot as there's no regulation and probably a pretty poor coupling between prim and secondary-windings.

Maybe that doesn't matter much with classD?

Your page would be top-notch if you added a bit of English text and some measurements of SMPS and classD.

Regards TroelsM

How good are these, if they're like UCD they should be well usable for full range. What class D amps are only good enough for subwoofers? Or is that bull....

The designs look very nice and simple, where do you start with something like this.....

Good work man! Keep it up! ;) ;) ;)

classd_fromru
Seems that the main difference between 1.2 and 2.2 is the over current circuit ... is that correct? (could be layout as well:))

Have you had any problems in using single layer PCBs?

Have you had any difficulties in getting it to start oscillating? or start up at all (getting the upper driver to function)?

I'm working on a circuit using the same kind of drivers, but I can't really get it to work
:xeye:

Baldin,
In version 2 protection and a delay on start of is added. The oscillating is started in 1 second after the supply voltage is on. In version 2 oscillating is started always from the first even without a signal on an input.
At short circuit on an output, the comparator is set off and in 1 second is started again.
On single-side pcb all works very well. Soon I am going to order 2-side pcb.

v-bro,
Yes UcD sound is great in full-range! I think for the subwoofers UcD is best too. :cool:

smps

Hi RX5,

I recommend for high power (above 300-400w) use the most complex Smps with soft start and protection. But I know, that some people used IR2153 with above 500W amps :xeye: :D

Now I use simply software for PCB design: Sprint Layout 4, but I wont soon using most professional software such as Diptrace or P-Cad.

English version of my site:

http://google.com/translate?u=http://classd.fromru.com&langpair=ru|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Learn Russian language :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.