UCD 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets

What major problem?
Can you list all problem, maybe I can help.

Regards,
Kartino

when one channel is working alone all is well .but at times when using multiple class d channels whether in same enclosure or different casings with different power supplies;( by the way in all my amplifiers i was using smps)
and load is normal 4ohms or 8ohms also the signal was too low and no much power was being required from the amps . there will be a faint hissing sound , then bang :confused::headbash::irked::bomb: one channel has just failed but some times same setup and same amps. then the amps performs flawless and no issues very cold and load and circumstances are same as other times failed. .all cases were ucd or sigma voltages +/-55 and above. ir2110 versions and discreet versions

the only multi channel class d which stood the test of time without issues was sigma delta hifi tlo74 classd 200watts . i did it with single power supply smps supplying 5 channels and dual power supply smps supplying 5 channels and it did not misbehave or fail for no reason like the above high voltage class d . maxx voltage i have ever used successfully on class d 200wt was +/-49volts.

Last edited:
when one channel is working alone all is well .but at times when using multiple class d channels whether in same enclosure or different casings with different power supplies;( by the way in all my amplifiers i was using smps)
and load is normal 4ohms or 8ohms also the signal was too low and no much power was being required from the amps . there will be a faint hissing sound , then bang :confused::headbash::irked::bomb: one channel has just failed but some times same setup and same amps. then the amps performs flawless and no issues very cold and load and circumstances are same as other times failed. .all cases were ucd or sigma voltages +/-55 and above. ir2110 versions and discreet versions

the only multi channel class d which stood the test of time without issues was sigma delta hifi tlo74 classd 200watts . i did it with single power supply smps supplying 5 channels and dual power supply smps supplying 5 channels and it did not misbehave or fail for no reason like the above high voltage class d . maxx voltage i have ever used successfully on class d 200wt was +/-49volts.

I think for help you should provide schematics from failed amps

How about counterfeit semiconductor devices in your design ?

Are you shure you get true genuine parts ?

Often when amps fail in PRO design you have fakes

I had bad frustration experience 2012/2013

I have make UCD IR2110 / CD4049 in 2012/2013, amp fail, smell and I give up

.....June 2013 I travel Thailand for Holiday

and find in Bangkok Electronic City Banmore same circuit IR2110 CD4049 / CD4070 PCB assembled

I want to know it yet, have buy it and test later in Hotel appartment, everything work never fail with 90 V DC

Check fake components

You need to synchronize the channels when it is self oscillating like I did in three level.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153559b1bcc115c

regards

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
For hiss noise you can add input buffer like mine. Add cap bypass as marked as below picture. If buffer already there just add the caps.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1573429181798.jpg
    FB_IMG_1573429181798.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,225
Hello to all! Sorry for my English. The problem of connecting several class D amplifiers (UcD) to a single power source is solved simply, it is necessary to power each amplifier plus power and minus power through separate diodes (for example, MBR30200CT). Thus, I connected four channels from one source and everything works fine. Sincerely, Boris B.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
You need to synchronize the channels when it is self oscillating like I did in three level.

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infin...N.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a40153559b1bcc115c

regards

The hissing sounds is not from interference each other channel but this is specific case for UcD. It is leaked PWM from backside and captured by op amp buffer circuit accumulated from leaked very high speed PWM become sound frequency area.

So by bypassing this leaked frequency will kill the hissing sound.

Hello to all! Sorry for my English. The problem of connecting several class D amplifiers (UcD) to a single power source is solved simply, it is necessary to power each amplifier plus power and minus power through separate diodes (for example, MBR30200CT). Thus, I connected four channels from one source and everything works fine. Sincerely, Boris B.

thanks , i had never tried that before

hi all what are the damping factors of these amps class d ?

although they are simple and effecient ,Are they better than class ab putting damping factor into consideration?

kindly help out

Attachments

• switchingamp_189_Page_1.jpg
    switchingamp_189_Page_1.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 781
  • ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets pg 248 600W.jpg
    ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets pg 248 600W.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 792
  • classd.fromru.com ucd 2.5 location of components ucd_2_5_final_circuit_big.gif
    classd.fromru.com ucd 2.5 location of components ucd_2_5_final_circuit_big.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 805