Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st August 2009, 06:07 AM   #1
7788q is offline 7788q  Canada
diyAudio Member

Post Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board

last time, A salesman called Robert introduce their new amplifier board:4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board. And give me a introduction. so I try ot share with everybody
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
I want to buy one to have a try and I will tell your guys the effect of it.
Old 21st August 2009, 07:40 AM   #2
luka is offline luka  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to luka
looks great
Old 21st August 2009, 12:12 PM   #3
sled108 is offline sled108  United States
diyAudio Member

Please Post any Specs that you can on this...Do they need any Beta Testers? Count me in... I checked the Sure Site and there is no mention of this.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:17 PM   #4
swkbkk is offline swkbkk  Thailand
diyAudio Member

Interesting!... can't wait to hear your feedback on the new board.

I am very much enjoying their 2*100W version at the moment and hope the new board carries the same sonic quality of the 2 channel version.

I wonder if I can combine this new board with my existing 2*100W one in a 5.1 home theatre configuration.
Old 21st August 2009, 01:41 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Looks good but I think that a fan would be needed. Looks like the chokes should have better power handling too. Keep us updated but I suspect it will be on ebay soon.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:32 AM   #6
7788q is offline 7788q  Canada
diyAudio Member

hi,sled108
I also don't find the link in the Sure Site, but their salesman Robert send an introduction:
the size is 144.8 (L) X 134.6(W) X 31.0(H) ±0.2mm, and they use two TC2000 and four TP2050 chips from Tripath,power supplies ranging from 10V-30V,and the amplifier has four channels, all with the same power up to 100W each and sound quality.
but i don't tesify it. so i would buy one at first and tell you my feeling of it.
Old 22nd August 2009, 12:52 PM   #7
col is offline col  Australia
diyAudio Member

Interesting, the layout looks similar to the old 4*100W. I hope it doesn't suffer from the same high level noise floor. if it's anything like the 2*100W though it won't!

Can't wait to see more details.

col.
Old 22nd August 2009, 04:35 PM   #8
SQ Kid is offline SQ Kid  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to SQ Kid Send a message via MSN to SQ Kid Send a message via Yahoo to SQ Kid
I would swap out the 2 4x100 amps I got from them prior for a pair of these beasts if they were up to the same specs as their current 2x100 offerings. The noise kills any chance of using them in my HT (which is a shame since i've got 3 boards sitting here for a total of 12 channels up for use).
Old 27th August 2009, 11:44 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default Hi I am back

Been away from the forum for a while. But I will be easing myself back into audio building over the next few weeks.

Just got hold of the 2*100w amps. I am very impressed with it so far...

http://www.justblair.co.uk/sure-2x10...pressions.html

I have written an article, but it possibly needs a little tidying up

I have also been speaking to Robert Lee and should soon have my hands on the 4*100W board that they are bringing out. I will post as soon as I have had a chance to listen to it.

The stereo board is pretty damn good. A step up from the TA2024 boards that i have played with.

A little strong on the mid-range, but very clear, very detailed, very fast. I think I may be in love with it already after only 8 hours of listening time. I will try a few mods on it next week.
Old 28th August 2009, 02:52 AM   #10
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member

Justblair,

Read your article on the 2*100W amp from Sure Elect., might it be a little long. I agree this amp is a bargain at this price.

I bought a pair as well and modified in accordance with the post 352 from this thread:
Sure Electronics New Tripath Board tc2000+tp2050

I think there are a few Additional mods you can still do to this amp that will further alter the sound reproduction on top of what I have done.

1. change the feedback resistors(to resistors from Vishay other brand) on the TA2050.
2. from Audio1st, change the caps on the 5V regulator to tantulum type.
3. output inductors and caps, I am not so sure?

What do you think, and any more ideas? With all these mods I think it will rival the Virtue Amp One/Two that is based on this chipset.

Hide this!Advertise here!