Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
last time, A salesman called Robert introduce their new amplifier board:4*100 watt @ 4ohm, TK2050 D-class Audio Amplifier Board. And give me a introduction. so I try ot share with everybody
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I want to buy one to have a try and I will tell your guys the effect of it.:spin:

Interesting!... can't wait to hear your feedback on the new board.

I am very much enjoying their 2*100W version at the moment and hope the new board carries the same sonic quality of the 2 channel version.

I wonder if I can combine this new board with my existing 2*100W one in a 5.1 home theatre configuration.

hi,sled108
I also don't find the link in the Sure Site, but their salesman Robert send an introduction:
the size is 144.8 (L) X 134.6(W) X 31.0(H) ±0.2mm, and they use two TC2000 and four TP2050 chips from Tripath,power supplies ranging from 10V-30V,and the amplifier has four channels, all with the same power up to 100W each and sound quality.
but i don't tesify it. so i would buy one at first and tell you my feeling of it.

I would swap out the 2 4x100 amps I got from them prior for a pair of these beasts if they were up to the same specs as their current 2x100 offerings. The noise kills any chance of using them in my HT (which is a shame since i've got 3 boards sitting here for a total of 12 channels up for use).

Hi I am back

Been away from the forum for a while. But I will be easing myself back into audio building over the next few weeks.

Just got hold of the 2*100w amps. I am very impressed with it so far...

http://www.justblair.co.uk/sure-2x100w-tk2050-amplifier-first-impressions.html

I have written an article, but it possibly needs a little tidying up

I have also been speaking to Robert Lee and should soon have my hands on the 4*100W board that they are bringing out. I will post as soon as I have had a chance to listen to it.

The stereo board is pretty damn good. A step up from the TA2024 boards that i have played with.

A little strong on the mid-range, but very clear, very detailed, very fast. I think I may be in love with it already after only 8 hours of listening time. I will try a few mods on it next week.:)

Justblair,

Read your article on the 2*100W amp from Sure Elect., might it be a little long. I agree this amp is a bargain at this price.

I bought a pair as well and modified in accordance with the post 352 from this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143669&page=36

I think there are a few Additional mods you can still do to this amp that will further alter the sound reproduction on top of what I have done.

1. change the feedback resistors(to resistors from Vishay other brand) on the TA2050.
2. from Audio1st, change the caps on the 5V regulator to tantulum type.
3. output inductors and caps, I am not so sure?

What do you think, and any more ideas? With all these mods I think it will rival the Virtue Amp One/Two that is based on this chipset.

Justblair,

Read your article on the 2*100W amp from Sure Elect., might it be a little long. I agree this amp is a bargain at this price.

I bought a pair as well and modified in accordance with the post 352 from this thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143669&page=36

I think there are a few Additional mods you can still do to this amp that will further alter the sound reproduction on top of what I have done.

1. change the feedback resistors(to resistors from Vishay other brand) on the TA2050.
2. from Audio1st, change the caps on the 5V regulator to tantulum type.
3. output inductors and caps, I am not so sure?

What do you think, and any more ideas? With all these mods I think it will rival the Virtue Amp One/Two that is based on this chipset.

Yeah might be just a little long, got into the writing bit too much. I'll move some of the content into other articles as I write them.

I will have a look at the other thread, just found it the other day and its a lengthy one. I'll join in there rather than hijack this thread.

Looking forward to trying out the 4 way version.. I am hoping that it will be noise free

I would be interested in you guys' thoughts about this board and the OB's that I will start at the weekend. I will have...

2 X alpha 15's. 1 X Visaton B200 per side, driven by a Rane active x-over. Do you think this board would work well with such a set up? I love the tripath sound, and if I could get away with the sure 2024 boards I would, not sure about that one.

Thanks Guys!

Steve

I would be interested in you guys' thoughts about this board and the OB's that I will start at the weekend. I will have...

2 X alpha 15's. 1 X Visaton B200 per side, driven by a Rane active x-over. Do you think this board would work well with such a set up? I love the tripath sound, and if I could get away with the sure 2024 boards I would, not sure about that one.

Thanks Guys!

Steve

I dont know the impedance of your speakers, but I would imagine the answer will be yes. 4 ohms is the minimum btw.

I am desperately trying to free up some spare time to have a proper listen. Looks like this weekend will be the time. My source just went kaput unfortunately! I will lash something up though.

Only thing I have spotted so far on the negative side is it may be a bit harder to upgrade these amps over the 2 channel version. But we will see...

Hi again Blair. I am waiting for a supplier to get back to me re. the amps, if they havent by close of business tomorrow I will order the 4 X100W. I will also need a PSU, and a case. It is a shame the 2024 won't cut it (?) as they are dirt cheap! the Visaton is 6Ω and the alpha's are 8Ω and will be wired in parallel. both are quire sensetive, and when installed the whole should be around 91/92 db

Steve

Last edited:
Really? Interesting. I would have though throughhole design would be easier.

Did anyone obtain the schematics yet?

They use through hole design on the lower board, the upper board is smt parts. Trouble is the upper board obscures the underside board, and its all soldered together via some pin bridges

That's not to say that seperating them is not imposible, but it will take a solder sucker and a bit of patience to get them apart.

Saying that I will give the board a bit more attention tomorrow.

Hi again Blair. I am waiting for a supplier to get back to me re. the amps, if they havent by close of business tomorrow I will order the 4 X100W. I will also need a PSU, and a case. It is a shame the 2024 won't cut it (?) as they are dirt cheap! the Visaton is 6Ω and the alpha's are 8Ω and will be wired in parallel. both are quire sensetive, and when installed the whole should be around 91/92 db

Steve

Steve, I misread your post, I answered as if you were asking if the 2050 board was going to cut it. Didn't realise you meant the 2024 board (even though ou clearly mentioned it!) I am looking out for the schemaic for the 2050 to work out the gain. It may be that the 2024 boards can be used for the tweeter and the more powerful board for the larger speakers.

Steve, I misread your post, I answered as if you were asking if the 2050 board was going to cut it. Didn't realise you meant the 2024 board (even though ou clearly mentioned it!) I am looking out for the schemaic for the 2050 to work out the gain. It may be that the 2024 boards can be used for the tweeter and the more powerful board for the larger speakers.

Thanks Blair. I asked on another thread if the two laptop PSU's I have here would be any good, they are 18.5V and 6.5A, if so, I could get two of the 2 X 100W boards and house them in two different enclosures - effectivly two stereo amps. I am off to a shop in Liverpool in a bit that has some its and pieces lying around, I will see if anything catches my eye (psu's cases connectors etc)

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.