Sure Electronics New Tripath Board 4*100W class-D Amplifier Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an old 4x100w Sure board from 6 or 7 years ago. It has one large chip under the black heatsink. I can't seem to find any info about which chip this is. It seems the chipset changed to 4 smaller chips at some stage. All the threads on here are about the 4 chipset amp. Any ideas anyone?

Here is a pic of the chip. Of course the screen printing is on the other side!

DSCF2606%202_zpsrhqwqylb.jpg

Any ideas anyone?

I have an old 4x100w Sure board from 6 or 7 years ago. It has one large chip under the black heatsink. I can't seem to find any info about which chip this is. It seems the chipset changed to 4 smaller chips at some stage. All the threads on here are about the 4 chipset amp. Any ideas anyone?

Hi,
I think it shoul be based on two TC2000 and four TP2050 chips from Tripath,
class T audio amplifier.
Should be this:
TP2050 Datasheet(PDF) - Tripath Technology Inc.

Regards,
Michele

Well, I thought I would have another look for the chip I have. The board is a Sure
and Stock No AA-AB009 all references take you to the TK2050 4 piece board. However I have found out what it is

It an ST Microelectronics STA508, said to be a 40V 4.5A QUAD POWER HALF BRIDGE. STA508 is a monolithic quad half bridge stage in Multipower
BCD Technology. The device can be used as
dual bridge or reconfigured, by connecting CONFIG
pin to Vdd pin, as single bridge with double current
capability, and as half bridge (Binary mode) with half current capability.

So there we have it.

Well, I thought I would have another look for the chip I have. The board is a Sure
and Stock No AA-AB009 all references take you to the TK2050 4 piece board. However I have found out what it is

It an ST Microelectronics STA508, said to be a 40V 4.5A QUAD POWER HALF BRIDGE. STA508 is a monolithic quad half bridge stage in Multipower
BCD Technology. The device can be used as
dual bridge or reconfigured, by connecting CONFIG
pin to Vdd pin, as single bridge with double current
capability, and as half bridge (Binary mode) with half current capability.

So there we have it.

Hurray!!! I had my doubts about ST was involved indeed

UPDATE :
I contacted Sure a few weeks ago and to cut a long story short they agreed to send me another board for a small contribution towards the shipping costs. It arrived this morning and all is fine with it and it is playing music with no hiss. Great service from Sure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.