The Boominator - another stab at the ultimate party machine

Hi again. Now i finally bought the rest of the stuff needed to build my boominator. I have been looking at almost every page in this thread, and i can't find dimensions for the boominator. Im going 2x 10" bass, and 2x piezo tweeter. Can anyone give me some dimensions? I guess the box is gonna be split up in 3 rooms.

Regards Tobias

Last edited:
I need 2?! Well how about that :scratch:

Yes, i did look at that drawing, but what i fail to understand is which way to face "primary" and "secondary". Like, which of that has to "face" ie. the mp3 player.

Well, that depends on what you're trying to achieve. It's a 1:4 trafo, so if the primary side face the mp3player then the amp input is amplified by 4 times, or +6dB, if you reverse it, then naturally the reverse happens.

I'm very sure you had this in 8th grade physics in school though. ;)

Oh wow.. of course. How can i even ask such a question :eek:
Well, thanks for really cutting it out for me.

So i'm guessing it's something like this:
trafo.png

(i know, some people are amazed by my paint-skills :superman:)

You want the stereo effect when standing in front of the boominator. Therefore each channel should play in each speaker compartment/cabinet. And you should be able to wire it like this... At least that's what I did. Should this wiring not be proper, I apologize beforehand.

EDIT: The small speakers on the drawing are the piezos and the big ones the HP-10W

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Congratulations on the good news btw :)

It would take a long time to explain but having 2 different channels in the same cabinet especially when the drivers are put directly opposite eachother would be problematic for a long list of reasons.

Note that some people do exactly that when they build a Halfinator. But I have never condoned building it, I have just been saying it's the better option over splitting it down the middle.

Last edited:
Saturnus: I think it´s time for you to write that assembly-instructions-manual down. Your new members need a summary of this thread. =)
When i read the whole thing last summer it took me 3 weeks along with massive googeling och searching for knowledge and details. You sure have it all written down in this thread but everything is spread over 1600 posts wich is massive. Even a chance to make a buck there;)

So a quick question.

Do you really need two Neutrik NTE10/3 or NTE4 input trafo's for stereo?

Seems weird you have to solder two wires to each wire coming out of the jack cable.

Don't you just solder the black wire from the jack input to the black cable of the input trafo and so forth with the red cable?

Last edited:
The question is, do you need it at all? but yes you need 2. there is only one trafo right? then the 2 stereo channels would need to pass through it together and then be separated again. you have 2 channels and one ground, 3 weirs and the trafo have 2 in 2 out. one channel and one ground i think.

Euforia:

That is a good idea but i little much to ask by anyone, don´t you think? Dont get me wrong here it would be great! The problem is that much of the people have no idea how this stuff works, including me, and its a big subject to read up on. I have learned a massive amount of stuff under the past weeks by googling, asking apparently stupid and easy questions and reeding this thread. Saturnus have been to big help already. But yes it would be great with a How to do guide for the boominator.

Last edited: