Making My Own PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's been about 6 years since I last etched a PC board. The best results I got were from rub-on traces and pads that Radio Shack used to carry. Even those I had to touch up with permanent marker. 3M Scotch tape worked perfectly.

I tried a pre-sensitized positive photoresist board at school once. I used a CAD program with a flood-fill tool to design a beautiful new replacement board for a 13V/5A power supply, used the school's transparency machine to make a copy of the laser printout, and exposed it under a regular light bulb. Unfortunately the unexposed resist rinsed off about 3 seconds after the exposed :bawling: , sending me back to square one with the rub-on transfer,Scotch tape, and marker method. :irked:

I haven't etched anything since, hoping for an easier (and still cheap) way to get more professional results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.