lm1875 fizzing away probelm

Was a good idea to use two lm1875 or a big stk chip

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nicely coming along with 18v transformer and isolated from heatsink

Attachments

• DSCF2885[1].JPG
    DSCF2885[1].JPG
    602.5 KB · Views: 136
this amp alerardy has an rc4558p up amp preamplifier so it may me too loud,i need to change the preamp chips gain to 1 ,its also +- powered so this is why i needed the the two 15v regulators,also the board has input a and b and a preamplified output coming out of pins marked R and L,
AL and AR are from input a from the back,and BL BR is from input B
LOUT AND ROUT i guess are the output to amplifier,Please tell me what to modify to make that chips gain 1 so there is no amplification since the amp is loud enough at line level:cool:

Attachments

• DSCF2891.JPG
    DSCF2891.JPG
    594.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF2887.JPG
    DSCF2887.JPG
    612.7 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCF2888.JPG
    DSCF2888.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF2890.JPG
    DSCF2890.JPG
    589.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
If the amp is loud enough - don't bother with preamp! Make input switches (if necessary) and a volume control. Most modern equipment (CD players, Tuners, Computer sound outputs) have enough drive and a preamp is probably not needed!

If you want to change the preamp gain you'll need to supply the schematic for that preamp as I cannot guess from the pictures!!

Last edited:
If the amp is loud enough - don't bother with preamp! Make input switches (if necessary) and a volume control. Most modern equipment (CD players, Tuners, Computer sound outputs) have enough drive and a preamp is probably not needed!

If you want to change the preamp gain you'll need to supply the schematic for that preamp as I cannot guess from the pictures!!
Nope cant find such thing,i searched for the schematic for 2 years

no it won't its another car amplifier chip and needs at least 7V.
the only thing you'll be able to drive reliably off usb is a pair of lm386 for approx 0.5W per channel.... its enough if you have some very efficient speakers and don't want it too loud!!
I aleardy have an tda2003 for usb which im using right now but its mono and my friend also wants one so im going to buy 3 more chips

Authentic TDA2050 ICs turn on at 3 volts. The LM1875 turns on at 9 volts. The TDA2050 has a slightly higher output swing at a given supply voltage than the 1875 and it has 5 amps of peak current vs 4 for when you really push it. It sounds just as good to my ears. The TDA2050 is all around a better chip in my book.

BTW, if you want people to help you, you need to focus on one chipamp and design. Stop bouncing all over the place. Most people have stopped replying to this thread. Too many questions and no focus.

Authentic TDA2050 ICs turn on at 3 volts. The LM1875 turns on at 9 volts. The TDA2050 has a slightly higher output swing at a given supply voltage than the 1875 and it has 5 amps of peak current vs 4 for when you really push it. It sounds just as good to my ears. The TDA2050 is all around a better chip in my book.

BTW, if you want people to help you, you need to focus on one chipamp and design. Stop bouncing all over the place. Most people have stopped replying to this thread. Too many questions and no focus.
I really agree but I need to find the schematic for the preamp in that amp,im going to take a photo of the bottom of the board and someone coud figure out what schematic it is, or most better i wil do it.
But that tda 2050 turns on and works at 5 v in single supply?

Even more pics of the sittuation on the lm1875

Attachments

• DSCF2896[1].JPG
    DSCF2896[1].JPG
    618.9 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF2895[1].JPG
    DSCF2895[1].JPG
    592.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCF2894[1].JPG
    DSCF2894[1].JPG
    602.1 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCF2893[1].JPG
    DSCF2893[1].JPG
    612.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF2892[1].JPG
    DSCF2892[1].JPG
    610 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF2897[1].JPG
    DSCF2897[1].JPG
    612.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'd say if you ever give up on finding the schematic for that board, google 3 band tone control and rebuild it salvaging (carefully) the pots from that board. There seems to be delay line circuits amongst others involved on that board but without schematic it's almost impossible to tell whats going on....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.