Finishing up chipamp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dougie085,

Check polarity of caps, power connections,and in/out signal wiring. Maybe make sure LM3875 pins are in proper holes. Sometimes one can look at something over and over without seeing it properly :)

Human error vs. bad chips usually wins. :cannotbe:

All the best,
BC

Ok well the channel that doesn't work right has a 22.0kohm resistor on the chip. The one that does work has a 220ohm resistor. This may be part of the problem. I didn't put the actual boards together my self so sorry I didn't realise those were resistors I've never seen a resistor like that. In your manual you use a 22.1kohm so the problem isn't that the other channel isn't very loud its that the other channel is far too loud. Might be where all the noise comes from as well. This makes a lot of sense now. I'll have to see if he has another one of the 22kohm but I don't think the kit came with extra's? So maybe his kit had one of the wrong resistors? I don't know I'll have to ask him about it.

No the 22.0kohm one works fine the other one does not. The one with the 220ohm resistor is about 500 time louder then the one with the correct 22.0kohm resistor. I just listened to the quieter channel and it sounds like its at the right volume while the other channel I can have my source turned way down and its still very loud.

Shielding the wires is not needed. Look inside that $30k preamp, twisted pairs only ;)

Attachments

• pre.jpg
    pre.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 438
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.