legacy Car Audio Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
imix500 said:
Cool looking amp, orange anodized Al, nice. Wouldn't the feedback loop from the smps transformer need to modified too? Although saturation is saturation, hmm.

feedback for the PS doesn't exist I don't think.... the supply will be running flat out... I modified a Sansui amp that's rails were +- 2X the input voltage.... changed them to be 3X, no hastles. :) ungraded the mosfets in the powersupply, thickened up the tracks, am yet to measure its actualy power output however :p

SkinnyBoy said:

feedback for the PS doesn't exist I don't think.... the supply will be running flat out... I modified a Sansui amp that's rails were +- 2X the input voltage.... changed them to be 3X, no hastles. :) ungraded the mosfets in the powersupply, thickened up the tracks, am yet to measure its actualy power output however :p

I remembered that you did tweak a Sansui, am interested to see what the final output is? over the orginal figures?
This is why am gonna give it a good bash as well :smash:

Paradise_Ice said:

I remembered that you did tweak a Sansui, am interested to see what the final output is? over the orginal figures?
This is why am gonna give it a good bash as well :smash:

the original power output was 300watts max :p never did measure it properly... BUT! I did kinda measure it, but my powersupply was weak... and.... I forgot the numbers.. opps.. lol ohh well.. :) hoping it does 300watts rms now :)

Dont believe the hype!
I dont like the company Visonik, but to be fair i like this amp,
They dont general break down unless the Ohms are very low.

This amp is a good design, and all those transistors!!! and caps, am drowling, i am sure i can up this thing for more juice!

The link to buy it is here

Million Buy

I need a good 2 channel amp for my demo car,

In the UK its hard to get a rare amp like this, Genesis are the only expensive good power amps but they cost to much and the owner never answer my e-mails,:whazzat: , so ****** them:smash: I have two infrawoofers that have a massive coil and i want to try and burn them out with clean power, i have 6 NADs S200 and each one give'se around 1.4k peak but thats from 240 AC, i know i can burn the coil in a home audio set up, i want to do it in a car! Just so i can bench mark them!
sound mental! it is:hot:

Oh God its hugh! I got that daft amp from LA and its almost a meter wide, i really dont think i should mod it as its seems to be very powerful, i will post a picture and you guys can tell me what you think? I am more interested in the sound quality if it has any, i dont really like the D class amps, they can sound rather woody or dead, this amp is a AB design with a PWM power supply, and no fuses! thats interesting!

Matttcattt said:
If I had, for example a driver rated at 100W RMS, and ran it with 1000W RMS, would the driver be damaged if not used at high levels?

Nothing would happen to it at all, You can not damage a driver with low clean power, you can with distorted low power,
That 1000 watts would push the 100 watt driver so hard and loud, you would not need the extra 900 watts, and besides that 900 watts only doubles the volume, its would heat the voice coil up so much and its a waste of energy.

Paradise_Ice said:
Nothing would happen to it at all, You can not damage a driver with low clean power, you can with distorted low power,
That 1000 watts would push the 100 watt driver so hard and loud, you would not need the extra 900 watts, and besides that 900 watts only doubles the volume, its would heat the voice coil up so much and its a waste of energy.

If I were to make a system for my car (when I get one), I would probably buy the amplifiers first and use some low rated speakers until I could afford the proper ones. I just wondered if the amplifier would instantly fry a lower rated speaker.

I have never had the pleasure of listing to the Adires, i think there home audio drivers? Just like ATC are, i am not sure if there suited for in car audio, i just dont know.

i remember another forum talking about them, I cant comment on something i have tested,

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/13343.html

http://audioholics.audioreview.com/Subwoofers/Adire Audio,Tumult/PRD_302305_2741crx.aspx#reviews

I know the design i just dont know the sound.
Its kind of price for the engineering value dont you think?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.