Kicker ZX750.1 Makes Squealing sound when powered up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok I finally have a DC clamp meter and it pulls 8 to 10 amps at idle with no input signal or speaker connected , removed all the output mosfets and the squealing stopped, then checked them all twice with diode check and ohm check, found three oddball ohms readings on the IRF9640 mosfets under 1 megaohm so i replaced those , and put all the rest back in and the squealing is back anyone have any ideas?

129_0311.jpg

this is the result on the gate pads

With all FETs in the circuit and all semiconductors tightly clamped to the heatsink, power it up through a 15 amp fuse and monitor the current draw. If it's drawing ~10 amps of current like before, twist the output filter inductors to see if the current draw changes significantly.

Also look for individual windings that are slightly darker than the others.

Does the board show any signs of heat stress (darkened or brittle) under/around the inductors?

ok i didnt really get much change there it did fluctuate anywhere from 4 amps to 13 amps but it did that even without twisting inductors the power fets got very warm i noticed but im sure thats just because of the excessive current draw. no darkened or brittle heat stress on board, and inductors were barely even warm when i handled them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.