Kicker ZX750.1 Makes Squealing sound when powered up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had two ZX750.1's that had the squeal after I replaced the PS and Output FET's. Do you get any audio out of the amp? I had audio but the squeal was troubling me. I ended taking one of my jumper leads from my meter and connecting one end to the grounded bus bar and the other end I touched to the heat sink (Do not touch the FETs) and the squeal went away and the amp played beautifully. This worked on both amps. Weird I know but if you are still having the issue give it a try. Also please listen to whatever Perry say's because he has helped out so many people including myself on several occasions.

I forgot about that. If I'm not mistaken, the amp would play out of the sink but in the sink, the amp would squeal. There is a screw that has a lockwasher under it. The screw and lockwasher must be in place and the screw must be tight enough to compress the lockwasher.

If all of the screws were not in place, this could be his problem. Most of the time, people say that the amp worked out of the sink but not when in the sink and that brings up the grounding issue.

This is the factory ground point for the ZX750.1.

Attachments

• IMG_0421b.jpg
    IMG_0421b.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 62
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.