losing bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys. I'm somewhat of a newbie compare to most of you on here and I can't figure out whats causing my car audio system to lose bass. I have an alpine cda-117 hu hooked up to an 1000.1bd Rockford Fosgate amp and 2 12" Elemental design dv.2 subs. Every once and awhile I lose bass from my subs never completely you can always here a little thump but its almost always at least a little less than normal. It does it a lot on the highway I have little bass and sometimes when I hit bumps it fixes. I thought maybe a loose connection somewhere but what would cause it to lose bass somewhat but never totally? I used a volt meter and when its not working properly its like 12v and when it works right its over 14v. I don't really understand what that means. Could someone help me with this please it gets quite annoying hearing bass going in and out over and over again ?

I tried the unplugging each rca and it hardly made any diffrence at all plugged or unplugged. It sounded still pretty much normal. Its hard to fix when it working fine now but it happens almost all the time and it dosent have to be loud to do it either. I drove home this morning on the highway and the bass kept going less are more over and over the whole way.

Well today I opened up the box and checked all the wiring in there from sub to sub and amp to sub everything seemed a1. All the wiring on the subs themselves seemed perfect as well. I'm thinking I might have to open up the amp and see if there is something evidently wrong in there cause I really won't know what exactly to look for other than an easy to see bad connection. And somehow fix it I ain't no technician lol

Well its still doing it over and over again. I seems it all started about when I hooked up my other sony cd player after my one before died and since then I hooked up a brand new alpine cd player and its still doing it. Is there anyway hooking up the wrong wires for the remote wires could do this cause when I hooked up the sony I had hooked up the wrong blue wire and had no bass in cd mode only in the radio mode. I thought I did it right this time when I hooked up the alpine. Could it cause this problem tho with losing some bass?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.