• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

AudioSector-chip amp kits, dacs, chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And now, for comparison, how metal DAC chassis is built.

There are large pads on the bottom of the board to attach custom made RCA jacks mounts.

Attachments

• d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,260
karma said:
what grit do you recommend for sanding fresh cut aluminum. to give it that nice smooth finish? ;)

I use 100 on a belt sander.

Studley said:
given the increasing interest in computer audio, have you any plans to add a USB (preferably direct USB-12S) input to your NOS DAC?

I surely think about it, and eventually it will be implemented.

Peter Daniel said:
Yeah, I got the drawings and can email them to you.

However, the DAC in a wooden enclosure sounds better, and even better without any enclosure (that's how I'm using mine).

Yes please. My email is i dot j dot russell at tesco dot net.

I am going to build both enclosures and see which I like best. Unfortunately, domestic arrangements require an enclosure.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.