My DIY record cleaner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tergitol, Photo-Flo, and Triton X are all ethoxylates and chemically very similar being nonionic detergents (surfactants).

"The Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) recommends the use of nonionic, ethylene oxide condensates surfactants to clean sound recordings. The CCI does not foresee long‑term problems associated with the use of nonionic surfactants such as Tergitol."

Photo-Flo is also an ethylene oxide nonionic surfactant.

VPI upgrade kit vs. replacement kit

Hi there! Love your DIY cleaner and am in the process of building mine. I am wondering whether i could simply buy the replacement vacuum tube kit rather than the upgrade kit, which has increased to $70. The replacement arm and holding unit goes for $45. But there appears to be a slight difference in holding unit plastic. Is it simply a matter of a vacuum size adaptor that is the difference? I would much rather spend $45, but am a beginner here. What do you think?
Thanks,
Raven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.