MPP

System manager, please I can not go to page 564, when I try I always end up on page 563.

This message went to page 565 and I can go there, I still can not visit page 564.

Anyone, if there is something on page 564 will you please repost? Or are you also prevented to see that page?

Last edited:
Anyone, if there is something on page 564 will you please repost?
Here you go:

Yes 30db vorst perfomance from sim is a bit to much I am not skeptic Just my mat is even worse than my sense of humor

As we are in topic what noise one can espect from Lead Acid Cells for comparison.

I supose Lithium will be quiter (than lead Acid) but would not suggest the use of those for the like of me
due to the anoiyng tendency that those have to explode when miss treated
This was the only relevant post on page 564. All the other posts were people complaining about not being able to see the page.

I have no idea what the problem was. It works fine for me, although I have had other weird problems with this site the last few weeks.

Probably due to mess up I have caused early
No, don't worry, stuff gets deleted all the time with no problems (except I got here too late and missed the joke).

Last edited:
I have reported problem on the forum problems forum

All shuld be back to normall prety quick.

Fran maybe (at your own risk) could you set the tread to display a different number of post per page.

I am on 50 post X page and all is fine

I am on ten/page that translates message numbers easy to page numbers. Anyway it is solved now.

But that is a smart advice. And it works :) I am now at 20/Page lets see what happens at message 11241... :) my new page 563

Last edited:
As we are in topic what noise one can espect from Lead Acid Cells for comparison.

I supose Lithium will be quiter (than lead Acid) but would not suggest the use of those for the like of me
due to the anoiyng tendency that those have to explode when miss treated

In my opinion, you would never know the difference between a power supply like this and a battery (except when created from unobtainium (even the guy's at ATL have trouble to get that :))).

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

Last edited:
I have same Unobtainium that I am going to try with Burkhard Vogel design from the Sound of Silence Book.

I have done same experiment with it but nothing definitive so far the main problem I have with it is that same electrons get lost in the process (they have 30 mA leakage current) and a constant charge need to be applied to keep a constant output voltage.

I am afraid that it is above my capability to get same results.

Be funny if I am ever going to be the first one to use super capacitors to power a MC stage.

This is not what I am after as I realy like to make a discrete stage and learn in the process.

I fink that maybe in 10 years once the leakage problem has been solved things may be much different we may even all be driving electric cars by then (yuppie max Torque/ Power at zero speed)

Attachments

• Unobtanium.jpg
    Unobtanium.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
I have same Unobtainium that I am going to try with Burkhard Vogel design from the Sound of Silence Book.

I have done same experiment with it but nothing definitive so far the main problem I have with it is that same electrons get lost in the process (they have 30 mA leakage current) and a constant charge need to be applied to keep a constant output voltage.

I am afraid that it is above my capability to get same results.

Be funny if I am ever going to be the first one to use super capacitors to power a MC stage.

This is not what I am after as I realy like to make a discrete stage and learn in the process.

I fink that maybe in 10 years once the leakage problem has been solved things may be much different we may even all be driving electric cars by then (yuppie max Torque/ Power at zero speed)

Some more unobtainium and obtainium :)

PowerPedia:Capacitors - PESWiki
Rheinmetall Defence - The world's largest capacitor bank: Designed and installed by Rheinmetall Waffe Munition
Fantastically Dangerous Capacitor-bank Experiments

Yes bit unobtanium as toke a bit of convincing them to ship Just the 2
(minimum quantity was 100) and a bit exuberant in cost.

I am glad you posted the link to Fantasticaly dangerous capacitors.
(powerpedia link prety good as well)
I think those could easily dispatch any one to big sleep as are rated at 20 A currents
(Peack be much hier)

Today i finished my power buffer, my first power amp in 40 years. I had a humm problem that is solved now with darlingtom cap multipliers.
It has no voltage gain so i modified my super high speed preamp for a gain of 10.
That preamp can swing 250mA at 50MHz. It has a slew rate of +- 1900V. 2 years ago Manfred Penning of BMC was in my lab and i played him a 1MHZ squarewave. He could not trust his eyes. This is 50x faster then Spectral. I worked in the RF and Microwave lab of Elan in the 80th so i know RF construction very well. At that speed you need to terminate the output with the correct Zobel filter or you get a lot of reflexions.
The power buffer is no slootch eather. It goes to 7Mhz -3dB. I have limitted the input to 1.5Mhz. I am willing to publish the circuit diagram of that combination if there is any interest. I play prototype Suesskind Sommerwind at the moment. They are 95dB efficient at 8 Ohm and go from 20Hz to 20kHz. The tweeter is a special Mundorf AMT and i fitted AMT G-Poles.
The sound of that combination is amasing. A lot of energy without colouration.
Friends, you can come and listen if you wish.
I send Hesener an e-mail so that he returns Michaels and my Paradise boards. I will try to get rid of the 50MHz resonance. I also rebuild Heseners boards to the latest specs that have a higher impedance, lower distortion current mirror. We will drive this baby home, no question.

Attachments

• Power Buffer.jpg
    Power Buffer.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 484
  • Sommerwind Fieldcoil.jpg
    Sommerwind Fieldcoil.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 465
  • High Speed Preamp.jpg
    High Speed Preamp.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 465
  • G-Pole Switchboard.jpg
    G-Pole Switchboard.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 450
  • Sommerwind G-Pole.jpg
    Sommerwind G-Pole.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 434
Today i finished my power buffer, my first power amp in 40 years. I had a humm problem that is solved now with darlingtom cap multipliers.
It has no voltage gain so i modified my super high speed preamp for a gain of 10.
That preamp can swing 250mA at 50MHz. It has a slew rate of +- 1900V. 2 years ago Manfred Penning of BMC was in my lab and i played him a 1MHZ squarewave. He could not trust his eyes. This is 50x faster then Spectral. I worked in the RF and Microwave lab of Elan in the 80th so i know RF construction very well. At that speed you need to terminate the output with the correct Zobel filter or you get a lot of reflexions.
The power buffer is no slootch eather. It goes to 7Mhz -3dB. I have limitted the input to 1.5Mhz. I am willing to publish the circuit diagram of that combination if there is any interest. I play prototype Suesskind Sommerwind at the moment. They are 95dB efficient at 8 Ohm and go from 20Hz to 20kHz. The tweeter is a special Mundorf AMT and i fitted AMT G-Poles.
The sound of that combination is amasing. A lot of energy without colouration.
Friends, you can come and listen if you wish.
I send Hesener an e-mail so that he returns Michaels and my Paradise boards. I will try to get rid of the 50MHz resonance. I also rebuild Heseners boards to the latest specs that have a higher impedance, lower distortion current mirror. We will drive this baby home, no question.

Thank you

All,
Anyway, for anyone interested, here is the design (and I will build my proto type in the next weekend, I will post my results).

Regards,
Frans.

IMO It would be realy usefull to make this maybe togheter with pre regulator board to power up quite a few things.

So here is a first shot at the PCB I have left big space for R1 and C5 (this will most probably be a MKP4.

I take that sink will not be required for the BD pairs but it can be done.
At the moment is just the Positive side
for the negative is just copy and paste with a few components turnd around for silk screen.

PS and it may fit on the preregulator board
1 with ground plane
2 no ground plane for clarity

Attachments

• 30mA regulator 001.jpg
    30mA regulator 001.jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 30mA regulator 002.jpg
    30mA regulator 002.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 165
IMO It would be realy usefull to make this maybe togheter with pre regulator board to power up quite a few things.

So here is a first shot at the PCB I have left big space for R1 and C5 (this will most probably be a MKP4.

I take that sink will not be required for the BD pairs but it can be done.
At the moment is just the Positive side
for the negative is just copy and paste with a few components turnd around for silk screen.

PS and it may fit on the preregulator board
1 with ground plane
2 no ground plane for clarity

Nice, I did not finish the regulators this weekend, I did destroy my new (currently being build) amplifier and took most of Saturday and a large part of Sunday to fix that. (I did made some re-wire errors after a small modification on the vero board).

Now my regulator proto types will be finished by the end of this week. I am aiming for a board size of 4 or 5 cm2 (that is half of an square inch).

And, yes, the transistors need a heatsink (5 to 10 deg/watt).

P.s. This design is not intended for the Paradise (it is to under powered for that).
P.s. This design is intended for amplifiers that may have a few, 2 or 3, opamps that need to be fed from the amplifier supply at up to 80 volts.

Last edited:
Would ATL consider the issiue of super secret hi current version.

I don't have the skill to modify that SCH
a variable +- 15 to 35 V at 1 A version would be realy outwordly

This is what the Paradise version (dissipation wise) can do (the latest schema, not yet posted) and attached here :) you need to use a large heat sink. The regulator needs Max(out) + 6Volts on the input side, and that is 41Volts in your application. At an 41Volts input the power dissipated will be 40Watts (at 0 Volts output, 25 Watts at 15Volt output), and that would need a 1 or better 0.5Deg(C)/Watt heat sink. I will redraw in such a way that the power dissipation will be shared between 2 of the 3 power devices.

Attachments

• Shunt VReg by FdW 24V(no 317) R1.PNG
    Shunt VReg by FdW 24V(no 317) R1.PNG
    98.6 KB · Views: 233