MPP

Never tought about placing the resistor upright such a simple and elegant solution.

This will free up board space, make more room for caps, use shorth bridgess if resistor is not needed, resistor be cooler and main thing less complicated tracks and possibly fatter ones as well.

I will go for that if ok

OK?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
They sound prety much awesome !
I have the FPS on hand. I would not say that the Paradise images better. Whereas the FPS
etches with a fine cissel the Pardise blows in some air and liquidity. I also find it more transparent but not in an "obvious" way. When HiFi in a technical sense is what you want, take the FPS. It is wideband, transparent and dynamic. Where the Paradise betters it is in naturalness. It simply is "there" in a very atractive but unspectacular way. Noise is a bit lower as in the FPS although i play it balanced. Actually the FPS humms less but has more hiss, especially in the bass. In both ocasions it does not distract from the listening because both stages only have audible noise when i crank it so load so that it is unbearable. It has to be seen if both stages sound more similar when i take out the somewhat falling response in the Pardise.

Promising results I see :)

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Never tought about placing the resistor upright such a simple and elegant solution.

This will free up board space, make more room for caps, use shorth bridgess if resistor is not needed, resistor be cooler and main thing less complicated tracks and possibly fatter ones as well.

I will go for that if ok

OK?

Some experts might go against upright resistors due to the fact there might be induced voltages at the resistors ends because of the differences in temp, but in a psu I guess it does not matter... I even built a CDP output buffer/filter with all the resistors upright and it sounds wonderfully :)

Mini ATL PSU (in progress)

All,

Yesterday I was working on my new power amplifier (specified for 100Vpp @ 2 Ohm, so it can be bridged with 4 and 8 Ohm loads). There was the need for an internal power source of 15V positive and negative. An early debug build of the Paradise PSU is currently being used for this purpose. Due to the fact that only 30 mA is needed, using the Paradise PSU version is a bit of overkill (in size), so I wanted a smaller version of the PSU. So I asked my friends at ATL to design something for me. Below the result (and I got permission to publish :)).

The schema shows a small version of the Paradise (ATL) PSU that could be made on a very little board and then be used as a 3-pin device. For the project this will be my approach (e.g. I will design such a little board, but that will take time (do not expect me to publish a PCB in the next month :)).

Anyway, for anyone interested, here is the design (and I will build my proto type in the next weekend, I will post my results).

Regards,
Frans.

Attachments

• Mini ATL Shunts 15V.PNG
    Mini ATL Shunts 15V.PNG
    109.2 KB · Views: 409
Some experts might go against upright resistors due to the fact there might be induced voltages at the resistors ends because of the differences in temp, but in a psu I guess it does not matter... I even built a CDP output buffer/filter with all the resistors upright and it sounds wonderfully :)

Some 'handy men' (in the old days) would leave as much as possible of the original connection wires (of the resistor) intact as cooling fins. :)

Anyway, for anyone interested, here is the design (and I will build my proto type in the next weekend, I will post my results).

Regards,
Frans.

Sorry if my silly joke caused upset early
Tank you Kevin for removing that and the related post

Back on topic bit, so bit of recap
That 150 dB scale is realy impressive and even if real components implementation give a 30dB vorst results it would be pretty good for
Douglas MC head pre-pre amplifier and or Mr Voghel mc pre as in the sound of silence book.

About PCB for it I will have a go.

Tanks for posting

Sorry if my silly joke caused upset early
Tank you Kevin for removing that and the related post

Back on topic bit, so bit of recap
That 150 dB scale is realy impressive and even if real components implementation give a 30dB vorst results it would be pretty good for
Douglas MC head pre-pre amplifier and or Mr Voghel mc pre as in the sound of silence book.

About PCB for it I will have a go.

Tanks for posting

And now I have to respond :) you may be a bit skeptic, maybe even more than a bit, but these are simulation results. If the real thing is going to behave like its big brother (the Paradise PSU) then I will be happy.

Attachments

• Mini ATL Shunts 15V noise.PNG
    Mini ATL Shunts 15V noise.PNG
    97.7 KB · Views: 361
Yes 30db vorst perfomance from sim is a bit to much I am not skeptic Just my mat is even worse than my sense of humor

As we are in topic what noise one can espect from Lead Acid Cells for comparison.

I supose Lithium will be quiter (than lead Acid) but would not suggest the use of those for the like of me
due to the anoiyng tendency that those have to explode when miss treated

I am on page 113 shoving 50 posts on each page post number is 5637 which is about right

How many post per page setting do you have set up.

:DWARNING WARNING BK JOKE WARNING WARNING :D

look like the computer got bad case of algebriac fobiolic idesincrasiatic duda

Sorry not my day I did not realise that it was contagious....
I mean is aerobolic so no chance you could catch it...