Doors at 13 O´Clock volume, perfect for a sunday night
9k=

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Excellent choice of record pellesmil :up: :up: :up:

Today for sake of experimentation i thought of adding 2 1000uf Rifa PEH169 to the PSU right after the rectifier, forming a CRC filter. 1000uf-1ohm-4700uf
I may be doing more harm than good because these caps connect to the board with wires. Havent done any serious listening session yet, and the PSU looks a bit silly :)

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    768.5 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3095.jpg
    IMG_3095.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 152
Sweet

have you settled for 1 ohm?

roughly you would have about 100mv ripple in that setup

Going to about 15 ohms decreases the ripple to aprox. 16mv

Per

No i havent really settled to specific values, just using what i already had in hand. Salas if i increase the value of R to 15ohm , how would that affect the reg down the line?

Last edited:
Received my boards and kits a few days, so I'm now starting to gather the remaining items.
Regarding layout, is it better to have the psu board near the transfomer and run a DC umbilical to the phono board box, or have the psu and phono boards closer to each other and run an AC umbilical?

Also, what kind of transformer would be considered the best for this application? I've seen some posts regarding r core transformers, but since it will be at least 2-3 feet away from the phono box, and we have a very nice regulator for the circuit, does it make sense to invest in a "boutique" transformer?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Second channel ready. Everything Inside an old heavy Denon enclosure.

What I find special is I got all voltages in the ballpark just after power on. I am getting good at this :)

Tomorrow will have the pleasure of listening and fine-tuning C2.

After all, the Ft-3 went neatly in the board and do not look awkward at all.

I set the ccs current to 150mA just to be sure I listen to it as per the pdf.

Wonderful stuff.

Salas, I did not hear yet anything better then your Phono.
I'm listening LPs right now after I'm done with the necessary re-biasing due to KM integration. For the rest of our forum, I integrated Keantoken K-Muli (about 2V drop) into Phono box last week.
Amazing!!!
No any and I meant any previously present in high volume hum/noise/buzz or soever. Absolutely quite. Details are came upfront. Very reach sound. Phoele Snow is a life again and singing just in-front of me. I'll show your guys my final report with pictures and "emotions" soon.