Simplistic NJFET RIAA

I have always liked the Vishay PTF series resistors -- very low noise, very low tempco, very low voltage coefficient, available in close tolerance. I have never detected a sonic problem with them. Only available up to 1/4W though, so useless for higher power applications. Readily available in 0.1%/10ppm though, and prices are reasonable.

I have always liked the Vishay PTF series resistors -- very low noise, very low tempco, very low voltage coefficient, available in close tolerance. I have never detected a sonic problem with them. Only available up to 1/4W though, so useless for higher power applications. Readily available in 0.1%/10ppm though, and prices are reasonable.

Good to hear, from where? Quite happy with the BOM as a starter. But I will not buy them in batches of thousands...

Regards

Its you used 10R Rs instead of 9.1R for 14mA. Normal result, bit steadier, less heat on the 9530, bit less gain but more than enough for your carts. ~62dB. Its a good result, I suggest you keep it like that.
Yes, i had some dale 10R ready so it went in.The initial impression is very impressive. I used with denon 103 modded/Garrard 301. Expect more refine over the next few days. Do you think is it worth to have extra RC filter prior to DC input of the phono?.
Quan.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am not sure, it looks like its a system dependent thing regarding pollution levels at a place, and down to liking. No harm to try and decide.

Is there a picture we can see your build? After enough hours of play you will have more distinct impressions to relay, but hey, a good day is always looking good early in the morning. Well done. :up: