Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I will be testing with modded denon 103. There is dynavector DVX1S waiting on the wing.
Quan

I knew of XV-1S flagship category cart, that one you mention I don't know it.
Anyway both the Denon and such carts will be 0.3mV or plus so the high sensitivity build set will do fine. Loading can sometimes be best at more than recommended by manufacturers.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes China made @ 25$ is prob. not the best money can bay.
I thought about borrowing a LCR meter calibrated from job but with my long projects its nice to have one at home.
Will take the tester into work and test it up against a calibrated tester

If you will note down the deviations for some ranges like tens of nF, tens of uF etc. you could guess better absolute values too, given it shows some measure of repeatability on its own readings, at least now. For temp delta or long term stability, only God knows.

I knew of XV-1S flagship category cart, that one you mention I don't know it.
Anyway both the Denon and such carts will be 0.3mV or plus so the high sensitivity build set will do fine. Loading can sometimes be best at more than recommended by manufacturers.
Yes Salas, my typo error again. The XV-1S recommended loading is >60R so i would just use the 100R for a start and take it from there.
Quan

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its a good plan. There was one I had been listening through a Boulder 2008 at an audiophile's few year's ago and we were changing loads on a plug in card that pre has for soldering loads, but I can't remember the value we ended up for it. So do investigate.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I connected my Simplistic into my system this morning and music came out of the speakers.Feeling rather pleased with myself I walked towards the speakers only to realise that the left channel was distorting:(.It sounds like crinkling paper but lower in tone.This is the board that biased up properly after I'd reorientated the led's.

This might show up as swedish - change to your prefered language and hopefully it will show the same products.

Vishay Metal Film Resistors - Through Hole | Mouser

Regards

Ok, I'll give up... I'll pay 25% commision if someone who finds the gathering of the perfect components fun or amusing. I'll bet it's not only me getting frustrated - whenever I find the right value I have to buy them in thousands. So, could some of you wizards set up an GB for the passives at least exept for the parts in TB's minikit. So, gather 4 kits and yours would be paid for. Of course the receivers pays for shipping and PP fees.

Now - go for it!

Regards