Simplistic NJFET RIAA

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Since the ground side of the psu feeds goes to the channels and there should be two wires from channels gnd marked pad at regs meet phono towards a NON insulated ground lug to TT earth, there should be continuity from one chassis to the other chassis if the yin yang lift diodes at PSU are bypassed by a 10R which I think I shaw a cement one on your pic plus an orange MKT RF grounding cap you added.

Since the ground side of the psu feeds goes to the channels and there should be two wires from channels gnd marked pad at regs meet phono towards a NON insulated ground lug to TT earth, there should be continuity from one chassis to the other chassis if the yin yang lift diodes at PSU are bypassed by a 10R which I think I shaw a cement one on your pic plus an orange MKT RF grounding cap you added.
Yes , i followed the grounding schematics as per build guide. Hmm?. The ground lift diodesare bypass by 10R/100nF cap.
Quan

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
4.7R? The TT parallels something also it seems. Or that cap doesn't allow to show 10R. But there you are they are linking. Alright, you could scratch some panels or link them with wire so the whole box becomes earthed for RFI better. DMM on continuity between lug and panels will show which are earthed and which insulated by paint or whatever.

Click in the 1K position 4 on the DIP also to go 320R combination with pos 3 and listen there too.

4.7R? The TT parallels something also it seems. Or that cap doesn't allow to show 10R. But there you are they are linking. Alright, you could scratch some panels or link them with wire so the whole box becomes earthed for RFI better. DMM on continuity between lug and panels will show which are earthed and which insulated by paint or whatever.

Click in the 1K position 4 on the DIP also to go 320R combination with pos 3 and listen there too.

The front panel probably not earth properly as it is contact via the screws of the main chassis ( painted).
Quan

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Cool. Its not a pressing issue anyway. Better listen to some sax records and home in to the loading. 1:10 SUTs on MM inputs present 470R to dl103s for instance, but there are more combinations in our DIP selector. Your third party stylus maybe needs something bit different bcs more open than the standard conical. Members will understand much better than theory how to test little aspects we referred to over a finished build through our practical conversation.

Going to drill 133 x 4 mm holes above the heatsinks.

Power supply is 44,5 V into the shunt resistors.

Billede 076.jpg