My table project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I couldn't tell clearly by looking but do you have any antiskate on your arm?

No Antiskate Does not seam to be a major problem.

One suggestion, if i saw it right from the pics, the internal cabling exits are 20 to 30mm further than the toneram pivot point. Get it as close you can to pivot, by doing it the cables will have the least effect on the tonearms free movement.

Thanks for the suggestion will modify arm next time I do any thing on the table. Progress has come to a screaming halt as I have not been able to find a motor that will run at a constant speed and quietly if anyone has any suggestions I would like to here them, my options here in New Zealand are very limited.

Thanks for the intrest.

Floppy disk motor

Since I have noise problems with AC motors coupled with the GRADO prestige I tried the floppy disk motor.

I did it for my Project 1.9 , in fact I take the pulley from the original AC motor .

The floppy motor has the same speed ( what a luck!)of the project motor.

The floppy motor is crystal controlled.

For the sound: it is clearly more controlled in the pitch and of course better dinamics.

PS no more noise back from the GRADO prestige even in internal grooves.:cool:

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 920
Hello,

The control circuit is under the motor table . Pulling this table (after the removal of the pulley) the chip circuit , the crystal and the coils appears.

To make it working it is necessary ,over the + vcc and ground, to connect a ground to the MON terminal.

This is a relatively old floppy , from the last '80 ,and I do not know if the connection pins are standard.

No I didn't turn the pulley myself , I just used the one from the PROJECT AUDIO P6.9(uncorrect "1.9" in the previous post) turntable and adapted for the new diameter motor 4millimeter.

much progress

Motor pod finished I blue up the floppy drive motor and went back to a Gerard AC sycrono.I also turned a twin pully for both speeds and I bought the KAB strobe disc and to my delight the speeds i am getting are with in broudcast quility the belt for the moment is cotton If anyone is using somethig else i would like to here your thoughts.

Also have started to do some work on my Phono Amp a new power supply is being tested the curcuit board came from this site http://sound.westhost.com/projects.htm#index First impressions are it is very quite.

Will post more later

Ps Dont be shy with any opions

Attachments

• motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 558
Table finished

HAve finished
I am very pleased with the way it looks the light is all brite LED also the sound is Fab it KILLS my Rega 3 Hearing things on recordings that i know very well very quite. Just need to sort out my PSU.

Attachments

• img_1697.jpg
    img_1697.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 425
PSU finished

Finished PSU 100mm diameter aluminium 250mm long front and back plate 100mm diameter 10mm thick (pig to drill holes especialy ther square IEC power socket) all held together with 8mm threaded rod. Front face finished with Brass Acrylic window with Blue LED for Power.

Attachments

• img_1721.jpg
    img_1721.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 278
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.