Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Using the DCB1 as opposed to the vanilla B1 to feed an AC coupled amp removes *one* set of blocking caps.

So then *generally* we could say that the purpose of a DCB1 is to feed an AC coupled amplifier, and it is recommended that blocking caps are installed to feed a DC coupled amp that has NO DC protection.

Would an input transformer also block DC? Say a transformer to converts a Single ended to Balanced input?

Using the DCB1 as opposed to the vanilla B1 to feed an AC coupled amp removes *one* set of blocking caps.

So then *generally* we could say that the purpose of a DCB1 is to feed an AC coupled amplifier, and it is recommended that blocking caps are installed to feed a DC coupled amp that has NO DC protection.

Would an input transformer also block DC? Say a transformer to converts a Single ended to Balanced input?

That's something I don't really get, would a transformer not potentially negate any possible gain made by going balanced?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
It is possible for comparable Yfs and IDSS JFETs. I don't know the 2SK163 specifics. I thought it was a Mosfet?
If talking about this NEC obscure NOS part that I got this datasheet in my files on the other hand, I see low transconductance vs. K170. It would not be much different in M selection than using a 2SK117BL for instance. No modifications, it will play, just not as great as a K170BL.

Attachments

• 2SK163_NEC.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 58
Hi Salas, Thanks for reply.
I search on Google and find 2SK163 is manufactured by NEC. N channel JFET low noise audio amplifier. The datasheet is same with your attachment.
I have to collect some other component and then make a PCB. I will try to build DCB1 with SK163. in local store near my home I can get SK163, but there is no stock SK170. I think it will be interesting :D