Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

the problem is that when i turn on it go up at full volume and when i turn the knob i get click sound of the encoder, no matter what the lcd shows i have full volume, and i dont know what to do, going nuts,
it didnt happen when i was using elektor electronics project file it worked like a dream

PGA2311 is a +-5Volt version (POWER SUPPLIES: ±5V Analog, +5V Digital)
PGA2310 is +- 15 Volt version (POWER SUPPLIES: ±15V Analog, +5V Digital)

I think its a grounding issue , check your soldering , and wires again
read this post

hey there is some thing which i dont follow., the digaram on post 111 not as per the pin discription givin in the file, please check and reconfirm, or m i wrong some where

in program

Config Spi = Soft ,
Din = Portb.0 ,
Dout = Portb.1 ,
Ss = Portb.2 ,
Clock = Portb.4
Config Porta = Output
Config Portb.3 = Output 'mute line for PGA2310

please see the diagram with post111
i think there is some miss pinning so i have been getting failure in the device,

hey there is some thing which i dont follow., the digaram on post 111 not as per the pin discription givin in the file, please check and reconfirm, or m i wrong some where

in program

Config Spi = Soft ,
Din = Portb.0 ,
Dout = Portb.1 ,
Ss = Portb.2 ,
Clock = Portb.4
Config Porta = Output
Config Portb.3 = Output 'mute line for PGA2310

please see the diagram with post111
i think there is some miss pinning so i have been getting failure in the device,

There are more variant of this software !
you must connect as in soft for circuit to work !
If you stick with description in soft it will work .
There are also a lot of hardware tailored for specific needs .
So it is up to the user to pay attention to what to use and how .......

Last edited:
Build one of the R2R controllers from here vicol audio : r-2r volume controller has really wetted my appetite for doing more with this little board and display.

I know that the Vicol Audio firmware .bas file is not available, but is there one around by Danzup (I'm sure I remember reading something somewhere) for the same board?

I'd certainly like to do simple things like change the input labels and try my hand at a smooth volume display.

I'm a complete newbie to these chips and BASCom so any help very much appreciated.

Cheers

Build one of the R2R controllers from here vicol audio : r-2r volume controller has really wetted my appetite for doing more with this little board and display.

I know that the Vicol Audio firmware .bas file is not available, but is there one around by Danzup (I'm sure I remember reading something somewhere) for the same board?

I'd certainly like to do simple things like change the input labels and try my hand at a smooth volume display.

I'm a complete newbie to these chips and BASCom so any help very much appreciated.

Cheers
Hi,
Did you test the code in post #349
here you can edit input text and muts more

Hi,
Did you test the code in post #349
here you can edit input text and muts more

Ah yes, missed this one...

Just flashed the ATM16 and your firmware works wonderfully. Love the layout and the fact that I can edit the Input labels.

Couple of bugs:

I don't have a RC5 compatible remote atm. So when I go into the menu to set-up the RC5 remote I can only use the Select button to get back to the main view. Returning to the main menu causes the display to return the right channel to whatever it was, but sets the left channel display to 0.

Again, as I don't have a remote once I go into the Input labelling menus the only way out is to power down and power back up the board. The select button should really take it back to the main menu/view.

I've also found that sometimes the R and L labels on the volume bars change to V and S.

But over all this is a great piece of code :) Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Will the .bas ever be released?

Last edited:
Hi, Tanks for the feedback on the program

At the moment Iam adding a radio chip and the Eq chip to the code

this way I have my preamp with buildin FM radio and 7 band Eq on lcd
I allso change to M32 for more programming space for all the addons I made

The bas file is not public
but if you go back to post ¤3 then you can make change in the bas file to fit your options

Kim

I'm just picking my way through the learning curve of using an ATMega16 microprocessor. This week's lesson was that the JDAG interface needs to be disabled for the relays to work correctly. All done through fuses...

Problem this week is the IR interface. For some reason I can't get the IR to work at all. The interface looks simple with the IR device being connected to INT1/PD3. I've tried four different remote controllers and even a universal controller, but no luck. Any ideas?

Problem this week is the IR interface. For some reason I can't get the IR to work at all. The interface looks simple with the IR device being connected to INT1/PD3. I've tried four different remote controllers and even a universal controller, but no luck. Any ideas?

RC5 remote test
Try my RC tester

remember to setup M16 to run internRC 8Mhz else the RC5 dont work !!!

Last edited:
RC5 remote test
Try my RC tester

remember to setup M16 to run internRC 8Mhz else the RC5 dont work !!!

Hi,

Yes I have the clock set to 8Mhz. CKSEL3:0 is set to 0100. SUT1:0 is set to 10. BODLEVEL and BODEN both set to 1 (unprogrammed). So the low fuse is 11100100 = 0xE4.

Bit Bit No. Description Value
BODLEVEL 7 Brown-out Det. trig. level 1 (unprogrammed)
BODEN 6 Brown-out Detector enable 1 (unprogrammed)
SUT1 5 Select start-up time 1 (unprogrammed)
SUT0 4 Select start-up time 0 (programmed)
CKSEL3 3 Select Clock source 0 (programmed)
CKSEL2 2 Select Clock source 1 (unprogrammed)
CKSEL1 1 Select Clock source 0 (programmed)
CKSEL0 0 Select Clock source 0 (programmed)

The high fuse looks like
Bit Bit No. Description Value
OCDEN 7 Enable OCD 1 (unprogrammed)
JTAGEN 6 Enable JTAG 1 (unprogrammed)
SPIEN 5 Enable SPI Downloading 0 (programmed)
CKOPT 4 Oscillator options 1 (unprogrammed)
EESAVE 3 EEPROM memory is preserved 1 (unprogrammed)
BOOTSZ1 2 Select Boot Size 0 (programmed)
BOOTSZ0 1 Select Boot Size 0 (programmed)
BOOTRST 0 Select reset vector 1 (unprogrammed)

11011001 = 0xD9

I may have done something a little wrong, but I'm not sure...

Should the IR device be 36khz or 38khz?

The link to the RC tester just loops back to this page :(

Cheers

Last edited:
Hats off to Farmtech...

I finally found a controller code that works and with Farmtech's firmware that allowed me to change the RC5 codes for volume/input selection I now have a fully working and remote controllable volume for my B4 pre-amp.

Thanks again Farmtech.

Maybe Tibi and yourself should look at working on the next release of firmware for the VC controller?

Cheers.

Hats off to Farmtech...

I finally found a controller code that works and with Farmtech's firmware that allowed me to change the RC5 codes for volume/input selection I now have a fully working and remote controllable volume for my B4 pre-amp.

Thanks again Farmtech.

Maybe Tibi and yourself should look at working on the next release of firmware for the VC controller?

Cheers.

Your weclome :)

Who is Tibi ?

Last edited:
... chiily does not know that firmware was write by me and I think he does not read the whole thread from the beginning ...

I did add the info so everyone can see You did make the software and this is a mod of your nice code

Here is a update for Danzup´s Ir Volume Control Ver.1.6(c) (FarmTech) NO VU METER

maybe I can make it more clear next time :)