Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

yes thats wht actually has happend , today i got a fresh thing from market. dam these copiers,,, anyways, i think i have got a good encoder. its with a long plastic shaft and broad base with 3 pins i felt on a dry run that it works. will solder it and try it again,

secondly when we go in decrement mode i noties insted of 09 we get 90 ,, to 10 and then 00 and when incremented it starts from 01. have alook let me know
tc

yes thats wht actually has happend , today i got a fresh thing from market. dam these copiers,,, anyways, i think i have got a good encoder. its with a long plastic shaft and broad base with 3 pins i felt on a dry run that it works. will solder it and try it again,

secondly when we go in decrement mode i noties insted of 09 we get 90 ,, to 10 and then 00 and when incremented it starts from 01. have alook let me know
tc

Yes, Just add ; " " after the lcd command
remember to do it on all Lcd "Volume " ; Lcd_vol_l in bas file

Code:
Lcd "Volume " ; Lcd_vol_l ; "  "

Two encoders

well three encoder need 3 interrupts and not sure anyone like to have 3 encoders on the front

Why do you like to have 3 encoders ?

aditya gave me an idea. I want two encoders, one for input selector, other for volume and mode. Why? Well, the answer is symmetry.

Look at picture 1. Exellent preamp, very clever project. What do we see? Two encoders.
Look at picture 2. Very expensive preamp, two encoders.
Look at picture 3. One of the best DIY projects I've ever seen. Complete symmetry inside, but front plate unfinished. How to improve it? Make it symetrical. Use two encoders.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 980
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 970
You can use whatever programmer is supported by Bascom AVR .
Currently i use also an simpler programmer like this (beside my old STK 500) :
Programming an AVR microcontroller
and I use for 6 years also this programmer :
AVR Pony-STK200 Programmer Schematic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yes the device must be powered for programming with or without volume board attached .

Do not forget to write fusebit : disable Jtag , Internal 8 MHz RC oscillator .

Fantastic! Thank you for the information.

I've costed the BoM up here in the UK through Farnell and RS is anyone's interested.

I'm in the process of moving house at the moment so the build is going to have to wait :(

Cheers

thats a nice option kim, i m not sure how much do those TI parts cost in this side of the world, samples always are free but still,
I m assembling my amp with the pga2310 file you last up dated,
will let you know how it works, tooo freaking much of wireing and i m going to sit on a sunday to re do the board, wiht onboard regulators and pga

hii i m having some issue , i think i m wrong some where .. that is, that i m using pga2311 in the board and i connected the processor to it, and had forgoten to pull up the zce pin (1) and my chip had heated up bad ly, and now that i fixed it,
1) there is no control on volume it just comes at some high gain,
2) the display in between goes corrupt, it never happend when i was elektor issued articles program, using pga 2311 and pic18f452,

the problem is that when i turn on it go up at full volume and when i turn the knob i get click sound of the encoder, no matter what the lcd shows i have full volume, and i dont know what to do, going nuts,
it didnt happen when i was using elektor electronics project file it worked like a dream