• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Group Buy #2 - FETZILLA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For three boards with parts: $AUD68 x 1.5 = $102.

The wildcard in this instance is always shipping. Three boards may well mean that I can no longer ship in a simple, padded envelope. If so, it might add another $5.

I can't believe how much shipping has increased in the last two years. It appears to be rising at about the same rate as health insurance. I recently sent a 2.45Kg enclosure to the US and it cost $99.45. Two years ago that would have been around $75.

Cheers,

Hugh

You got it, Sasha, it's a fine tuning change we made to improve musicality while ensuring low hum.

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Are those change added to the BOM? If not, can it be updated?

I wouldn't want to go through 60 pages for all changes if possible... :D

If not already done, it would be nice to have all this consolidated into one document, or just the BOM updated.

Ciao!
Do

Folks,

I have started a second thread for FetZilla #2 because:

[snip]

I don't want orders via email; please put them here. I will update every couple of days, and make a long list. Again, as before, please do NOT pay until I'm actually ready to ship.

[snip]

Cheers,

Hugh

Hi Hugh

The above is pretty straightforward, but in the interest of clarity I'm asking.

Are we to expect a post in this thread when you're ready to ship and therefore can begin to send payment? Haven't seen such a post, so am waiting but would appreciate a confirmation that it's as I am assuming.

Yes, Johnny,

I commence despatch later this week. I should be able to get 25 orders out quickly; but there is some holdup with semiconductors from Mouser/digikey as I expect to run out after approximately fifty pcbs. I do have the pcbs, they are arrived ten days back, so all is in hand.

I'm simply waiting for some free time of my own; I'm running a business you understand and selling other products frantically in the Christmas rush.

Cheers,

Hugh

Folks,

I'm moving now on despatch of the FetZilla boards/parts.

Here's the list:

We have 74 pcbs on order!

4P Sonocon Germany
4P Woody MA USA
4P Col_S Thirroul NSW Aust
4P RKH CO USA
3P Syklab HK China
4P Taniknight Safety Beach Victoria Aust
2P Sasha UK
1 Sasha UK (no parts)
2P PeteMcK Sydney Aust
2P Eparsons Woodinville WA USA
2P Ipolyakov CA USA
4P Mohora NY USA
2P Johnny2Bad ? Canada
2P Peter Rekkers The Hague Netherlands
2P Tome Macedonia (payment?)
4P Westley Matthews NC USA
4P TG3 Seattle WA USA
2P Ray MD USA
2P KP93300 Malaysia
2P Meanman1964
2P Pinnochio
2P Jozua South Africa
2P Huy Melbourne AUST
2P Vladimir Luxembourg
2P Sandro600 Sydney AUST
2P Anatole51 Belgium
2P Nick Kowal London UK
2P Drofo
2P Arthur
2P Phaeden Australia

Now, here's the drill to achieve a clean, easy mailout.

#1 My email is aspen01 -ampersand- optusnet.com.au
#2 My Paypal account is Aspen Amplifier P/l at the above email address.
#3 Cost is $AUD58 for pcbs/shipping/insurance alone, and $AUD68 for parts/pcbs/shipping/insurance. The extra $3 is self-insurance if anything goes missing, which inevitably happens on one or two orders.
#4 Please email me with: YOUR FULL NAME, your FORUM name, your shipping address, and a pasted transaction number for the paypal payment you have just made to me.
#5 Any special instructions - but keep it brief, no novels!!

The full documentation on this is contained in both the formal thread and on this page here:

Full FetZilla Documentation post #59

I will not include documentation as I encourage you to print it out now, read and reread it a few times so you know exactly what you are getting and how you will approach construction. Planning, kinda important!!

Please don't use PMs to connect with me; use the email. It's quicker, easier, and simpler to organise into folders.

This is a very fine amplifier, I love mine as it has a very wide, expansive sound stage with excellent definition and a slight softness to the presentation which is almost tubey. It's a very relaxing amp to listen to, particularly in the background of an evening after a hard days work. But it definitely has impact and slam too, it is quite surprising.

I fully expect to run out of some of the small semis at about 50 pcbs, so some of you will be delayed a tad as I make another order to Mouser. I will do this naturally before Xmas.

My apologies for long delays, this is, as you can all imagine, a hectic time of the year.

On that note, please start your engines gentlemen, direct the money to my paypal account, and we will get the show on the road. Merry Christmas to all!

Cheers,

Hugh

Last edited:
Thanks Tani, Ryan, and others,

I have tried to give you immediate feedback concerning your payments, but you should all be assured I have received the money and am well into despatch.

About an hour ago I despatched orders for the following paid up buyers:

3P Syklab
2P PeteMcK
2P Eparsons
4P Mohora
2P Meanman1964
2P Pinnochio
2P Drofo
2P Ray

You all know who you are!! While I was at the Post Office, a couple more payments came in, you guys will get yours tomorrow along with those who pay over night (it's 5:30pm here and I'm off to a 30th wedding anniversary of one of my customers, ain't that grand? Vicky buys the product, Andy assembles it carefully, we meet on Saturdays for tutorials over coffee!).

Cheers,

Hugh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.