ZM's (not) F5 thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
see - Pass Labs invented DVD , many moons before Pass Labs

Wow, that's a photo I didn't have.

The resistors on the tops of the amplifiers were called
rack monsters - they took the outputs of the amp,
fed them to bandpass filters and pairs of diode limiters and
then to the inputs.

The result was a power oscillator that worked the amp
into the resistors without a lot of cabling.

:cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Yaccopeye.JPG
    Yaccopeye.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 179
ZM can you please email me and tell me why this isn't just more of the Pass Pub thread. How come we have a new thread for this which is off topic for here when we already have one? I think we should just put all these posts over it that thread and cut down on the clutter or maybe move it to the Lounge?. What you think rascally rabbit?

Nelson's opinion would be nice as well.

While your here Cal, the clutter is really in the F5 threads? As sad as that sounds, it's not enough to have things discussed explained in a 1000 pages but all these NewBs just want to have an F5, and wine to no end if no one responds to their question in a few hours. When you suggest go start at the begining and read, or even point to the article, your one of the upset natives? otherwise it's chit chat and what would be nice if I had the money etc. etc. It seems like some of these people need a cell phone. The atmosphere of the forum is really changing lately?
I know it's a dificult, touchy, tacktfull, job you have, but, you can do it Cal!

While your here Cal, the clutter is really in the F5 threads? As sad as that sounds, it's not enough to have things discussed explained in a 1000 pages but all these NewBs just want to have an F5, and wine to no end if no one responds to their question in a few hours. When you suggest go start at the begining and read, or even point to the article, your one of the upset natives? otherwise it's chit chat and what would be nice if I had the money etc. etc. It seems like some of these people need a cell phone. The atmosphere of the forum is really changing lately?
I know it's a dificult, touchy, tacktfull, job you have, but, you can do it Cal!

You seem to have quite a bit of antagonism toward "new" folks who are not yet members of the "club". I really don't see what is wrong with someone wanting to build a DIY amp. IN fact, I think it is an admirable goal and I wish them luck.

You might want to ask yourself "why" the threads have grown so large and cumbersome. Part of the answer will point back toward members of the "club".

Joined 2004
Paid Member
well .... reasons for this thread are obvious ;

feel free to write anything , except questions how to improve your F5 ;
please don't rant about lazy greenhorns , not willing to read numerous anaconda F5 threads .

hey - you can even write here why you don't have any F5 ( even if you build one )

:devily:

( and if some lazy greenhorn shows here , asking how to bias bloody thing , I'll shoot him , personally )

It's not obvious to me what this thread is for, but perhaps ZM wants to discuss (non-F5) technical matters (unlike the Pass Pub thread) in this thread?

Joined 2008
Paid Member
naah

I think it's time for F5 wiki

( not here , please )

:devily:

Wiki Started, not much yet .
I will work on it as time permits. Since I am still a relative newb someone needs to check for my dumb mistakes. :confused:
I used the wiki template, I encourage everyone to contribute.:cheers:

Amplifiers:pass Labs Amplifiers - diyAudio

Is it OK to put the schematic for amp and power supply in wiki?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.