Zen V9 J-fet poweramp finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Gooch, those boxes are great looking:) I see that you whant the units flush with the faceplate! Great. Those speakers are gonna sound great, I think:cool: Nice work!! Any resoning about the bevelled edges?? Better soundstage perspective or ?? Dont mind Zen mod, he really means nice box'es!!

Steen:)

did you ever check your mail box?

:where is grumpy smiley?:

hehe

steenoe said:
Gooch, those boxes are great looking:) I see that you whant the units flush with the faceplate! Great. Those speakers are gonna sound great, I think:cool: Nice work!! Any resoning about the bevelled edges?? Better soundstage perspective or ?? Dont mind Zen mod, he really means nice box'es!!

Steen:)

Thanks Steen
The bevelled edges is just a look thing some different I have them veneered now I will take some more pictures there realy starting to come along been working on them all most a year now it not a web base project I wish I would have done that.

Regards
Dave

Dear Zen v9 Builders,

Has anyone tried to use a CPU heatsink with a brusless DC fan, instead of the large heatsinks I normally see in the Zen v9 builds?

Is there any reason that should not work equally well?

Greetings,
Ingi

Being from Iceland, can't you just use a different amp for the few summer months ;)
Seriously though, I tried using the water cooled copper blocks made for video processors for testing and they work well. You have to devise a clamp for the transistors as the supplied one is useless for TO-264 or TO-247 devices. I haven't tried one or 2 for an amp yet though. You just need a large radiator for the water to cool. The small pump I used was very quite.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.