ZAPpulse 2.3SE vs. 700XE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lars Clausen said:

Elso: Sure, but still i will not show you my prey .. he he
But i will say that she is a very beautiful Norwegian girl. :)

Prey???? Here she is from Nigeria!

Attachments

• sallly.jpg
    sallly.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 542
Hi,

Lars, If your girlfriend still allows you to read these forums (hahaha.....) just letting you know I've received the T-networks from you last week.

I'm still waiting on other parts, but the initial impression is an interesting one none the less, they're only half the size of the Cerafines, for the exact same 63V 10 000uF rating.

I should have more answers in the near future.

Thanks,
Chris

SMPS

alabpro said:
Hi all
I think switching power supply work for class d amp
pls. www.alab-pro.com for switching powersupply

Hello Alab, I've seen your posts before and I had a look at your website. The problem is; the website gives no substantial information on the supplies, e.g. regarding continuous power vs peakpower, topology (according to the website all your supplies, from 300W to 4.2kW are build from the same principal half bridge schematic and all have the same PCB and components) etc.
Furthermore it is not clear in what currency the price is. Is it Thai or dollar or what?
I read somewhere some comments on them from a DIY member (Eva) that did not encourage me specificaly.
Anyway, could you give us some more information (in understandable English please :) )
Regards, JZ

Re: SMPS

Joep Zonnebloem said:

Hello Alab, I've seen your posts before and I had a look at your website. The problem is; the website gives no substantial information on the supplies, e.g. regarding continuous power vs peakpower, topology (according to the website all your supplies, from 300W to 4.2kW are build from the same principal half bridge schematic and all have the same PCB and components) etc.
Furthermore it is not clear in what currency the price is. Is it Thai or dollar or what?
I read somewhere some comments on them from a DIY member (Eva) that did not encourage me specificaly.
Anyway, could you give us some more information (in understandable English please :) )
Regards, JZ

I recently found switching power supplies from MeanWell. Two single sources in sereis can be used to result in +/- power. It seems no modification is required becasue the - side and the ground are asolated.

Re: Re: SMPS

Joep Zonnebloem said:

Regards, JZ

soongsc said:

I recently found switching power supplies from MeanWell. Two single sources in sereis can be used to result in +/- power. It seems no modification is required becasue the - side and the ground are asolated.
HI Joep Zonnebloem
You can check spec switching power supply in Pl-series
The pl-series use switching power supply and continuous power and peakpower you can up +10%
the price is in usd. with out shipping
and supply test by continuous power 1khz.
mode MONO ( sp1000xx)
90-0-90 or 80-0-80 V
power out 350w/ch at 8 ohm or
power out 425w/ch at 4 ohm or
power out 700w/ch at 2 ohm or
power out 1000w/ch at 1.8 ohm
by www.alab-pro.com

Re: Re: Re: SMPS

alabpro said:

HI Joep Zonnebloem
The pl-series use switching power supply and continuous power and peakpower you can up +10%
mode MONO ( sp1000xx)
90-0-90 or 80-0-80 V
by www.alab-pro.com
power out 350w/ch at 8 ohm or (6.6 amp at 8 ohm)
power out 425w/ch at 4 ohm or (10.3 amp at 4 ohm)
power out 700w/ch at 2 ohm or (18.2 amp at 2 ohm)
power out 1000w/ch at 1.8 ohm (23.5 amp at 1.8 ohm)
by www.alab-pro.com

Re: Re: Re: SMPS

alabpro said:

HI Joep Zonnebloem
mode MONO ( sp1000xx)
90-0-90 or 80-0-80 V
by www.alab-pro.com

The PI series are amplifiers, how about power supplies? What is the switching frequency?

Sp-xxxx

Hi Alab,

Well that is some more information at least, thanks. But it is like you are not very happy to give extensive info on your products (or you don't know what information is relevant for DIY; in that case I could give you some hints).
But 140 dollar is a proper price, I think, so I could give it a try. Still some more questions that are important for a class d DIY:
- what are the dimensions (!)
- what kind of output filter do the supplies have (can I easily add extra capacitance?)

I think I would go for the 2400, which would give me over 1kW in 4Ohm, if I can extrapolize your specifications on the 1000 model (can I?).

The MeanWell supplies have a nice website with ample specifications (.pdf's), but for my needs (+70V 0V -70V) they are not suitable.

Best regards, JZ

Re: Sp-xxxx

Joep Zonnebloem said:

The MeanWell supplies have a nice website with ample specifications (.pdf's), but for my needs (+70V 0V -70V) they are not suitable.

Best regards, JZ

If you don't find anything else, I think you could actually put them in series to get the voltage you need. I got two 48V ones to get +/-48V, and I called them about my intent, they see no problem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.