You might be an audiophile if...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Oh no, I'm not that big a pervert. :D

There are many. many sounds that I don't like. You know, the standards: Crying babies, Valley Girl accents, heavy traffic, vacuum cleaners, piped in music in public places, screaming electric guitars (usually), buzzing mosquitoes, grinding gears, etc, etc.

But I do enjoy all sorts of other sounds. Music is a big part of that, of course, but not the only part. Music I can dig on an AM radio. But the experience is somewhat different on an Altec A5 system. Music is the same, the enjoyment isn't.

Here's some food for thought: :rolleyes:

Steve Guttenberg (writes for a number of magazines and Web sites, including Home Entertainment, Tone Audio, and Stereophile. He is a member of the CNET Blog Network and is not an employee of CNET.)

You might be an audiophile if...

You might be an audiophile if you sometimes listen to music without doing anything else.

You might be an audiophile if you paid more for your hi-fi than your car.

...snipped some text...

You're definitely an audiophile if your speakers are bigger than your refrigerator.

You might be an audiophile if... | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

You might be an audiophile if the use of a toroidal power transformer
in your receiver or power amp gives you a liberated feeling!:happy1:

WM-61A's

Oh no, I'm not that big a pervert. :D

There are many. many sounds that I don't like. You know, the standards: Crying babies, Valley Girl accents, heavy traffic, vacuum cleaners, piped in music in public places, screaming electric guitars (usually), buzzing mosquitoes, grinding gears, etc, etc.

But I do enjoy all sorts of other sounds. Music is a big part of that, of course, but not the only part. Music I can dig on an AM radio. But the experience is somewhat different on an Altec A5 system. Music is the same, the enjoyment isn't.

I've been gaining a new appreciation of environmental sounds, myself,
since I started experimenting with those Panasonic WM-61A Back Electret
Microphone Capsules a couple months ago. They have wide response, low
noise and cost less than USD 2.00 at Digi-Key.

Yessir!

Stereo recording can be a lot of fun. And it doesn't have to be music - there is a whole world of other stuff out there.

The Panasonic capsules can be the basis of a lot of fun. :up:

Yes Sir, they can be the basis for a world of fun! Mine , used in conjunction
with an old VHS-C camcorder and a DVD recorder, did an amazingly beautiful
capture of a wedding a couple weeks ago. They gave full frequency range,
low noise pickup, and captured the couple's unamplified voices clearly from
40 feet away. 'Twas nice!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.