You all are better on without me / Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what is more important is what is better for Bernhard. He has drawn a lot off criticism, some deserved most not however. his only real sin was excessive passion for his moderation duty and the desire to see civil discourse on the forum. I don't blame him for wanting a break from being a lightning rod for criticism.
Right.

Now I go and do some soldering. It must be healthier than all this.

Bad language

I think Everthing else include noise. (IMHO)

Common folks, let it all out , clear your chest, but no swearing please, imagine all governments all over the world have swearing in their daily debat. I know some actually throw punches..
Imagine Bush saying in congress " I want to shove a nuke up Sad@3"^'s #$@ and kill all %**&ing C@#%s, and any of those european #!^oles that do not agreed with me are ~!#ing wa&$k#s!!' How the TV and Radio can report the $+*&ing c#@*

Mr. president, How the beep are you? Oh beep, I beep forgot that he is such a beep beep .....beep..

May be we will be beep ok before beep X-mas and back to beep normal.

beep
Chris:D

The suggestion from the Dutch:

Midvinternattens köld är hård,
stjärnorna gnistra och glimma
Alla sova i enslig gård
djupt under midnattstimma
Månen vandrar sin tysta ban,
snön lyser vit på fur och gran,
snön lyser vit på baken
Endast tomten är naken

/UrSv

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello Ststone,

I can imagine your nostalgic feelings being away. There is a special atmosphere around here these days as you know.Children are tense because they know they are getting presents.Parents ask themselves if they have prepared everything well.

But I think this is the ultimate example of threadjacking !
Sinterklaas will take you and me to Spain I guess for not obeying the forums rules.:bawling:

line 1. Mid-Winter Nights cold and hard
Viktor Rydberg : Tomten

In nordic folklore, a tomte was a kind of - not always benevolent - vätte (spirit or minor deity) connected to a farmstead.
Rydberg's immensly popular poem, first published in 1881, transformed him into a combination of fatherly guardian and philosopher. Combined with the gift-giving Julvätte ("Christmas vätte") of Rydberg's earlier story Little Vigg - and, of course, with foreign influences - he then evolved into the modern Jultomte, local version of Santa Claus.

The young artist Jenny Nyström (1854-1946) illustrated both the poem and the story - and thus embarked on a 60-year career devoted to creating the visual image of the Swedish christmas.

In 1960 the poem, suitably adapted by Astrid Lindgren, was made into a children's book with new illustrations by Harald Wiberg. In this form it had - and still has - considerable success on the international market.

How to understand the Swedish people

jean-paul said:
Midvinternattens köld är hård,
-----------
Translation please ! :bigeyes:
This site can translate.
do not forget to use special keyboards commands
for å, ä, ö (aa, ae, oe)

http://www-lexikon.nada.kth.se/skolverket/swe-eng.shtml

I am afraid this national poem is slighly paraphrased (twisted)

:cool: midvinternattens köld är hård
:cool: mid winter night's cold is hard (tough)

I am afraid you have to have winternights like the swedish or canadian, to get the feel of it :D

said above >>>"Why Per has to leave ?
Sigh............... I said it in jest since Peranders had used my rehabilitation as an example. It was a bit of harmless fun and I don't want anybody to go away."

This is typical of forums and part of the problem. One never sees a face or hears the tone of voice. Tongue in cheek, irony, etc.. is often taken seriously or if you start down a road that is taken poorly by someone (knocking the pet project whatever) you never have a chance to take a "facial" reading and adjust accordingly..

Anyway, Im kinda new here and do not post much, but I wish everyone would come back in...... Frank, Dice ........

The collective IQ went down with their leaving.

Tis the Season

Cheer
Craig Ryder
(Drop me an e-mail for a collection of DIY online tube electronic
articles/sites. Helpful for beginners)

Re: Re: fowl

UrSv said:

Not foul but slightly daring? I tried at least but nobody noticed :bawling:

/UrSv

I am sure several of us did, but it's hardly fair that native
speakers of swedish point it out. :)

BTW, you ought to go to sin bin for posting a travesty of
Rydebergs classical christmas poem. OTOH, posting the whole
original in swedish would probably have been more than most
people could bear. I don't even remember how long it is. :)

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
No fowl language is uttered here

That includes shooting the bird at anyone I presume. I hope I have not offended as I was a bit leary of posting this. I am a bit concerned for some reason, but I can't quite put my finger on it.....

Note: Image removed. Image determined as vulgar. -CHRIS8

Status
Not open for further replies.