You all are better on without me / Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
IQs

>>> re "The collective IQ went down with their leaving."

Zeno said "Shouldn't this insult to the rest of us be reported to the moderators?"

Oh well, I guess I was confusing my IQ with the rest of you. I guess that was an insult!

It looks like 30 days in the hole.

Cheers,
Ryder

Re: IQs

Ryder said:
>>> re "The collective IQ went down with their leaving."

Zeno said "Shouldn't this insult to the rest of us be reported to the moderators?"

Oh well, I guess I was confusing my IQ with the rest of you. I guess that was an insult!

It looks like 30 days in the hole.

Cheers,
Ryder

Why, you didn't say that the average IQ went down, which may
or may not be an insult, depending on peoples opinion of the
IQ of those who leave. The collective IQ would reasonably mean
the sum of IQ or maybe the max of IQs or something similar. If
people get insulted by their own interpretations of what others
write, then we are in deep trouble.

For Bernhard

One last post before I disappear. (For how long? Who knows.......)

There is a byline in an advert in this country that goes :

"This Bud's for you."

Some of us have more discriminating tastes, so, from one PITA to another:

"This brau is for you."

I wish you good health, and happier days.

Jocko

Attachments

• salvator.gif
    salvator.gif
    92.9 KB · Views: 355
Re: Phantom Photos....

mrfeedback said:
[BI missed them - can someone send me a copy so I can be the judge ?.

Eric. [/B]
I thought you of all people would have known you can't dare question the motives or actions of chris8. He'll just close the thread. Especially when he's wrong, and can't bear to have someone point it out.

Re: Is it Chris now? Yesterday was .....

I had my say about chris8's lack of fortitude right back when moderation started, as he scurried off and hid, closing a thread where he had mode some statements, and was called to back them up (which I doubt he can). Rather than answer the pointed (technical) questions (not posted by me), and for no other reason, he closed the thread. He did exactly the same thing today.

Between then and today I have had nothing to do with him.
halojoy said:
I know that Chris8 is never wrong.
Undoubtedly he feels the same way.

jh6you said:
You want a solution. Put out a piece of paper. Make a list of all names in this thread and in the threads near by.
Give them a package SinBin...
Half done...
And how are they going to do that without looking like even bigger hypocrites?

If it bothers you so much, why read the threads? It's not as if they have an audio topic in the subject line.

Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

Let's talk about Dice45 leaving

I would think 99% will be missing him.
His friends for losing a friend.
His enemies for losing somebody to fight with.
The rest for losing potential information he could give.

This he knows. So he punishes everybody by leaving.
But the one suffering most is Dice45.

Onguards

hollow joy

Storm In A Teacup Really....

My bottom line thoughts are live and let live.
Bernard effed up in saying what he did, and Franks response was taken in the wrong light and got him banned.
Both are valueable members here, and previously have been well regarded and respected for their collective inputs.
I feel that Bernard's response was out of character, and that he was just having a bad day, and his response was not from his true heart.
I hope that lessons have been learned all round, and that sincere apology be given, and that the apology given gracefully recieved and acknowledged - given my understanding of the two identities principally involved, I expect that this is a mere formality, and ego's will not intrude.
Both members involved have invested much time and effort to achieve the status that they have held until very recently, and that this not be discounted lightly.
An immediate noble soloution is that both parties shake hands publically, and continue anon.
Given the chance, this whole thing will blow over in a weeks time, and be retrospectively viewed as a learning phase in the evoloution of DIY.
There have been some constructive suggestions given in the discourse in this thread and related threads lately, and if at least some be adopted, then so much better for the forum collectively.
I suggest that any censoring or deletions be flinged into a say 'Deleted' or something permanent thread, and not be permanantly removed from public view.
I also suggest that threads be 'un-closed', at least after a brief cool-off period.

Now, how about the moderators invite Frank and Bernard back and without impositions, in order that the ggood things can continue like before.

Eric, The Hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.