Yamaha's Hyperbolic Conversion Amplification (HCA) Circuit

I know this is an old discussion, but does anyone know where I can find a BA3122N (IC201) HCA chip for my Yamaha MX-2 amplifier?
check out the internal circuit under
Ersat fur BA3122n von YAMAHA AX1090 - Mikrocontroller.net
an easy task to create a discrete clone - so I think.
This IC is in several Yamaha amps like
MX1 MX2 AX730 AX930 AX1050 AX1070 and AX1090.
Most BA3122N devices should have been canceled in the meantime - so I think.
Therefore, there maybe a successor - maybe also from ROHM's BA series, maybe a thickfilm version from an other manufacturer.
Ask ROHM and YAMAHA.

No go with Yamaha, chips no longer available. I'll check with ROHM. Meanwhile I'll keep an eye out for a Yamaha salvage unit. No luck with Alibaba, yet.
Thank you for your help.
Under
HIFIDIY??-??IC?? BA3122N ????? - Powered by Discuz!
I have found the attached image.
This confirms the claim of an experienced repairman I know and has worked for an authorized Yamaha service department for a long time.
He is convinced that this IC is equipped without any protection for certain unfavorable operating conditions like shorting, overshoot etc.
Consequently, it is nonsense to perform the genuine condition in a repair by finding a NOS part of this type from ROHM.
The only reasonable alternative is a discrete clone including appropriate additions for protection circuits.
Check out also this thread:
Dynamic Bias - Active Bias - Automatic/Self biased - Overview wanted
But I don't know, if helpful or not.

Attachments

• exploded BA3122N.jpg
    exploded BA3122N.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,074
Last edited:
Because this integrated circuit has not been manufactured for a long time and is increasingly in demand, we designed and made a perfectly functional equivalent! Without making any changes to the amplifier!
The active components are specialized (bcv61 / 62 Nexperia) for this purpose and the passive components are of very high quality, 1% metal 0805 SMD.
The PCB has 23x10mm, double layer with metallic holes.

You can contact me privately for more details!

Attachments

• YM3122-1.jpg
    YM3122-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,063
  • YM3122-2.jpg
    YM3122-2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 853
  • YM3122-3.jpg
    YM3122-3.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,135
  • YM3122-SCH.png
    YM3122-SCH.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,231
Hi, Everybody OK in bad Covid-10?

Very interesting , too!
I'm 60 years retired man who have a hobby that collect & repair vintage HiFi for present to friends to enjoy resting life in lovely music....
Actually I need BA3122N replacement solution in my Yamaha XM-1 and other Yamaha's AMP. My MX-1... 4 parts burn out in Rch (BA3122N * 1 , 2SA4921 * 2 and 2SA2240).
I guess cause by BA3122N.....
Anybody have any news about this issue? Please help me!

Is VC5022 replace with BA3122N or nor?

Because this integrated circuit has not been manufactured for a long time and is increasingly in demand, we designed and made a perfectly functional equivalent! Without making any changes to the amplifier!
The active components are specialized (bcv61 / 62 Nexperia) for this purpose and the passive components are of very high quality, 1% metal 0805 SMD.

Im trying to contact you for about a month via pm, email, phone without any response

Under
HIFIDIY??-??IC?? BA3122N ????? - Powered by Discuz!
I have found the attached image.
This confirms the claim of an experienced repairman I know and has worked for an authorized Yamaha service department for a long time.
He is convinced that this IC is equipped without any protection for certain unfavorable operating conditions like shorting, overshoot etc.
Consequently, it is nonsense to perform the genuine condition in a repair by finding a NOS part of this type from ROHM.
The only reasonable alternative is a discrete clone including appropriate additions for protection circuits.
Check out also this thread:
Dynamic Bias - Active Bias - Automatic/Self biased - Overview wanted
But I don't know, if helpful or not.
Hi my friend. I'm looking for these circuit. Can you contact me? lucasufu@gmail.com

Hi my friend. I'm looking for these circuit. Can you contact me? lucasufu@gmail.com

Sorry, but I rarely go here, I have a lot of work and my time is very limited ...

YM3122 replacement for BA3122N.
Hyperbolic Conversion Driver Amplifier for Yamaha AX-730 AX-930 AX1030, AX-1050, AX1070, AX1090, MX1, MX2 or other models.

Contact e-mail: stosor@yahoo.com
whatsapp: +40763550417
I ship anywhere in the world...!
20220416_233814.jpg
20220417_121445.jpg
20220417_122328.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Can you please tell me the which part use in the middle of circuit 6 legs pins ??