• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

X-Bosoz GP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!
THEY CAME TODAY!!!!!
I complain last night- they are here today.
I know its "magical thinking" but I almost believe that they wouldn't have come if I hadn't said something.

You other calif guys don't worry- you will be gettin' them soon!!

Kari - they are beautiful- but you knew that!!!
Now I can lay out the interior of my amp while I wait for Anthony's package (hint hint)

Thank you Kari, I guess California is truly on the other side of the world.

Mark

Hi,
glad you got'em. If there is somebody that still haven't got their boards, please let me know and i'm sure we can arrange something.

Btw, i'll be in California in the beginning of November so if anyone is interested in some boards or just want to enjoy a beer while talking diy and/or dragracing i'll be at the NHRA finals @ Pomona :cool:

/Kari

I'm part of a SuperComp team. Just helping out and trying to solve/improve electronics of the car. Mainly logging information atm.

But you have to agree, there is nothing on this earth that sound mightier than a TopFueler going into pre-stage, stage (this is when they open the fuelpumps to fullflow) and go. Every time i hear this i almost **** in my pants. :D Did you know that a fueler accelerates at about 8G and when the rearwheels pass the startline it's doing 60mph!

/Kari

I really don't understand what people expect to achieve by busting on Kari. This man has gone way out of his way to provide us all a great service. If you are freaked out about getting screwed, look back and read the thread on the Aleph X group buy. The same thing happened. People freaked out, got pissed off, some even asked for (and got) their money back. Patience is key.

Now I understand that you want your boards as soon as the first ones were announced, but there could easily have been a post error, or a typo on the address. The only way to know exactly when you will have finished boards is to make them yourself.

The only reason I post this is that I really appreciate what Kari has done in doing these group buys, and don't want him to stop doing them. If he is constantly getting flack for everything that isn't perfect, he will probably stop doing them. I think that would be a huge loss to all of us.

Maybe next time (if there is a next time) there should be an expectation of patience and knowlege from the participants. They should be informed that Kari is not on the board every day and doesn't always get back to people as quickly as one might like. This is also DIY. There should be an expectation that there will not necessarily be spoon fed BOM and instructions. That way we can avoid any negative posts from angry particapants who have not recieved something that was expected.

DaveM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.