• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

X-Bosoz GP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No group buy goes as smoothly or as quickly as everyone wants, but some buys go more smoothly than others. The recent Leach and MOXlite buys that I participated in went quite well.

Yes, there are links and references in this thread to schematics and bills of materials. An error or two, but no problem. The circuits are simple enough to trace out and develop your own BOM. I cannot fault Kari there.

As to the time it takes boards to be delivered once shipped, we cannot hold Kari responsible. Perhaps if the boards were shipped by some traceable means, we'd be able to know when to expect them. This is more expensive, though, so there is a price to pay for peace of mind. If buyers had been conscientious about updating the wiki when they received the boards, it would have helped those who had not see that they were arriving.

However, as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, Kari could communicate more effectively. If he had said that he would order prototypes first, I wouldn't have expected to get them in June when he said that the boards would ship to him at the end of May.

There was a long silence while Kari was verifying the protoypes. We were left thinking that the production boards arrived wondering when they would ship to us. A simple, "I have received the protype boards and expect to place the production order on ______" would have helped reasure the buyers.

Kari, I hope that you take this in the intended helpful spirit. I just want to help future group buys go with as little heatburn as possible for all involved. That includes everyone keeping the tone of their posts civil, depite the frustration with the process.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I feel Dave and Bob have summed it up well. I am already planning Kari's next board!:D (the PLH) and I can't imagine who I'd like to have make it more than Kari. His stuff is beautiful in every way.

Communication certainly is the key, including a message at the beginning: It will be "x" months before all will get their boards.

Some of the peole complaining (including me a tiny bit I'll admit ;))
should consider being a central distributor for their country or region.
Kari could send a box full of boards, which would be inspected all at once by the authorities, and then the boards could be sent around the country internally without postal delays. Addressing all the packages is a lot of work, perhaps Kari had to do it a bit at a time. Again, this is quite understandable , but it would be nice to know.

About the only other explanation of the delays is that authorities are actually inspecting each of them to see if they are some kind of evil device? or is that too paranoid?

Im bitching about aleph-x boards which were paid for in april. The boards had allready been made and it was a simple case of putting them in a bag and to the post office when ever your passing. This is not too much to ask for. Instead I had to send at least a dozen emails and patiently awaited an answer and didnt get one. Thats why I ask in public, cos he sometimes feels obliged to acknowedge I exist(not this time).
The last time I asked on the forum where my boards were he assured me they had been sent. Does it really take 6 weeks to get a small package in post from Europe to NZ, I dont think so.
Either way the fact is all he needed to do in april was put two boards in an envelope and post them. Does it really take 5 months to do this Kari?
To all Karis supporters leave it out, its bollocks!

Well for people who want to organize GP dont start one if you dont have enough time.
20-30 Boards is easy.
I have already sent a few people parts and Boards.
But hundreds of boards is something else.
You need a lot of time to get everything sent.
I still think though no one would have said anything if there was more information.
At least its good to know that the boards will be shipped tilla given time or that the boards are not lost.

A friend of mine and I paid 70 Euro for the Boards and thats a lot of money for us.
I could use that money for something else.

Not sure why the above GB page shows my order as Cancelled but it was paid. Here is a record from paypal -

Original Transaction

Date Type Status Details Amount
May 14, 2005 Payment To Kari Hästö Cleared ... -$69.00 USD

Total Amount:
-$69.00 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
May 14, 2005
Time:
14:49:12 PDT
Cleared

:(

Here is a message from Kari:
Quote:
Hi,
i have 4 packages going out this weekend. These would be to (Real names):

Robert Ellis
George Cherhit
Jean Minasov
Sean Henderson

End quote.

Sean Henderson, what is your username here on DIYaudio?
If anybody has updates to the wiki, please do it now.

Steen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.