• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Plitron

chrismercurio said:
j,

The input has 4 wires, 2x115vac, blk/wht & brn/orn. Yeah...I don't want to buy new transformers. These probably cost as much or more than parts to stuff the boards. Thanks for the diagrams. I dig your new speaks too...kinda like gigantic onkens.

C

:p hope the schematic works. Try it out i bet it will work for you just like it did for me.

Yep speakers are bit, altho i have 3 set of speakers :D

Hypothetically....

How many channels could be driven in a single chassis with proper cooling? ie as a HT amplifier? I have 2x 1000VA plitrons and don't mind using them. All they do now is hold down the floor in my workshop.

Could I build a six channel single chassis? or would it need to be 2 chassis of 3 channel amps to avoid being very large?

Thanks,

C

Re: Hypothetically....

chrismercurio said:
How many channels could be driven in a single chassis with proper cooling? ie as a HT amplifier? I have 2x 1000VA plitrons and don't mind using them. All they do now is hold down the floor in my workshop.

Could I build a six channel single chassis? or would it need to be 2 chassis of 3 channel amps to avoid being very large?

Thanks,

C

Id build 3 2 channels. the F4's get hot :D

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Jason: in reply to your question in the F4 thread about heatsink temps, I got mine up and running today and with the R-Theta group-buy heatsink (11x11x2.5), they get up to 45C, so if anything, they're on the big side ;)

Nothing near the 50-55C that Nelson says is ok.

BTW, Peter, please put me down for maybe 4 sets of amp boards :D - I'll email you separately since I know you don't normally operate as a group buy.

Stephen

twitchie said:
Jason: in reply to your question in the F4 thread about heatsink temps, I got mine up and running today and with the R-Theta group-buy heatsink (11x11x2.5), they get up to 45C, so if anything, they're on the big side ;)

Nothing near the 50-55C that Nelson says is ok.

Stephen

Thanks for the info, here at my heat sinks. I have 2 one per channel, i think they will work just perfectly.

Yes i have 2 x 22" lcd's not one :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I posted this in the F4 thread...

but it fell on deaf ears?

Questions Post #643

Where is Q8 and Q9? The channel scematic seems to jump from Q7 to Q10. Maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Chris

p.s. I put together a BOM in excel for a single amp channel and a stereo ps running at 240vac (because of my traffo issue). I am perfectly willing to share it so that others can benefit, and also check it for accuracy. I can post it but I don't know if that goes against Nelson's rules of sharing. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.